Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I have a Dolphin vacuum for my above ground pool and the cord keeps getting wrapped around itself. How do I prevent this from happening?

Attachments

• 20230516_193602~3.jpg
    20230516_193602~3.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 15
I have a Dolphin vacuum for my above ground pool and the cord keeps getting wrapped around itself. How do I prevent this from happening?
How often do you remove the cord from the power box and untangle it? Once straightened, how long does it take to get this tangled?

Big,

You don't... :mrgreen:

I assume you leave your cleaner in the pool and let it run every day. Is that true?

They work best if you can take the robot out of the pool every couple of days and lay the cord out on the deck in the sun to let it relax. I find that on mine the cord tends to curl one way, so after I streach it out on the deck, I rotate the plug end of the cable the opposite direction about 10 turns.

Newer units have a swivel, but even with a swivel the cable still tangles, just not quite as bad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

My robot has a swivel. Sometimes it does still get slightly tangled. The solution is to take the robot out and strainten out the cord as noted above when it starts to annoy you.

Thanks Jim. I have been leaving it in there the last few days while I SLAM but normally just drop it in every couple days and run it for two cycles. These past few days I've had to pull it out and straighten it several times. I'll try letting it lie out in the sun for a bit and see what happens.

Big,

The other thing that I do that helps some, is to only put as little cord in the pool as the robot needs. I just leave the rest on the deck and the robot pulls some in if it needs it.

Nothing will keep the cord from tangling, but every little bit helps.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Bigfellor
Big,

The other thing that I do that helps some, is to only put as little cord in the pool as the robot needs. I just leave the rest on the deck and the robot pulls some in if it needs it.

Nothing will keep the cord from tangling, but every little bit helps.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the tips!

I bought a new Dolphin vacuum near the end of last pool season. I purchased Dolphin because the one I was replacing was a Dolphin and had worked well over the past few years. The cord never tangled. The new one in regard to tangling is terrible. They've gone cheap on the cord and it tangles on a regular basis to the point that it will flip the vacuum upside down or on end at times. You can try every trick mentioned in the replies (unplug, lay in sun, only put a little of the cord into the pool, etc. ) but they are stop gap measures to remedy an inherent engineering problem on the newer machines. I could leave the previous model in the pool for a week while we were gone and it would run it's daily course and never tangle. I guess Dolphin was able to increase profits by using poor quality cords vs. previous models.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.