Copper from Heat pump Pentair Ultratemp 120 h/c?

malu95

May 3, 2024
iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hi, our fiberglass pool water showed copper levels for the first time since having it for 4 years. I have been trying to find the source and still not sure what it is. In reading different threads heaters are usually a cause but when I read the specifications for my heat pump, it says it has a 100% titanium heat exchanger. Is it posible that copper is coming from my heater despite the exchanger being titanium? I should say that the cartridge filter has shown blue coloring, which would also suggest copper.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
Not from the heat pump.
Likely copper containing products are being added to the pool. Any products with 'blue' in the name? Algaecides? Do you manage the pool water chemistry or does a pool service?
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to the forum!
Not from the heat pump.
Likely copper containing products are being added to the pool. Any products with 'blue' in the name? Algaecides? Do you manage the pool water chemistry or does a pool service?
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Thank you! I have been managing the chemistry with Taylor pro-100 kit and everything is in range. The pool opening people did say they added one bottle of Regal algecide so that could be the other source. But would one bottle be enough to increase copper concentration that high?

Well. Copper came from somewhere.

That means you have copper. If no staining, drain the pool.
Exactly so that’s what took me back to my heat pump and wonder if there is something else that could be leaking when it turns on.