copper electrodes

kaitelemp

Jun 7, 2021
michigan
We have a

Intex 1600 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set and are trying to get it going. the copper and titanium electrodes are gone i’m not sure if they burned out or what. do we need to have those inside i order to get it to work?​

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello! :wave: Welcome to TFP.

It looks like you are missing the cell entirely? Check the Intex site and see if they sell replacement cells. The cell is what makes the magic happen to make chlorine.

Until you get that figured out I would suggest using liquid chlorine (Liquid Shock) to sanitize your pool. Use this chart-
FC/CYA Levels
Recommended Levels

Maddie :flower:
Our system is saltwater though we don’t use chlorine

Sounds like your pool is about 5,000 gallons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That I do not know. You would need to add liquid chlorine every day to the pool if the SWCG will not be operating.

I want to make sure I understand what you are asking. The salt cell is definitely missing. Are you also missing the cord that plugs into the end of your cell opening? Like this?

7EEA2161-6DC2-482B-B986-0361C6DB81DD.jpeg

Did you purchase this pump/filter used?

Without the piece that goes inside this cell and the end that plugs the opening, you can’t use this system. Even if you had an old cell that no longer generates chlorine from your salt water, you could at least run the pump and simply pour liquid chlorine into your pool daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.