Coping Repair Help-now that I found the right thread.

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
As you can see from the pictures, I have a fiberglass pool, with a concrete collar, with coping that was "glued" to the collar and pool lip.

I have quite a few "tiles" that seem to have actually pull up the concrete somehow and the glue/concrete is stuck to the coping and the concrete below is damaged of course.

Can I just use some "concrete patch" that I might find at Home Depot to repair this....of course I would pull up the coping, clean, acid clean, then patch, then reglue the coping back.

Does that sound about right, I like to do it right, so please help with any suggestions, etc. coping 1.jpgcoping 2.jpgcoping 3.jpgcoping 4.jpgcoping 5.jpg

I would think concrete patch will work. If you attach the coping stones to the concrete collar, do not glue them to the fiberglass. You want to let them have some give for movement of either the pool or the concrete collar.

I would think concrete patch will work. If you attach the coping stones to the concrete collar, do not glue them to the fiberglass. You want to let them have some give for movement of either the pool or the concrete collar.
Ok awesome....I will do concrete patch. I am tempted to try and bed the coping into the wet patch, but the rest are not installed that way....so I think I will do the below.

Then when it dries I will "glue" the coping ONLY to the concrete collar. As you can tell the original builder glued to both, so that is why I might be getting a bunch of failures :-(

Do I care about type s or type o or type m, etc. of patch....or really does not matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.