Silver Supporter
May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Some of my coping seems to have detached from the wall. Not exactly sure what’s going on but can see that has definitely happened.

To fix it though I will need take more liner out to access the problem area. Any tips on how best to do this?

Attachments

• 6CF1F0A2-7817-40BB-BBB3-AB6161A5D7FB.jpeg
    6CF1F0A2-7817-40BB-BBB3-AB6161A5D7FB.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 22
  • BED3FCD0-721F-4578-8D9E-5A67D1233FFB.jpeg
    BED3FCD0-721F-4578-8D9E-5A67D1233FFB.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 22
I don't know what the buildup is of your coping and liner track to see that is involved. But I think there is a good chance that you will need to drain the pool significantly and may lose the liner.

Considering you are near the end of your pool season you may want to save the repair for opening the pool in 2022 so if a new liner is required you have time to get it installed.

I’m guessing it is some sort of aggregate or block as the level of the pool is built into a hill and so on the” land side “ of that side is a couple of ft high wall and probably 3 to 4 ft thick.

some of the cantilever curved edge stones are loose so some refurb is needed.

Why do you say probably lose the liner? Because its hard to take it out of the track or because it might be brittle and so the stretching moving process might tear it?

I’m wondering if I might leave it and see if it gets worse If I’m going to lose the liner anyway, but are there other risks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.