Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi,

I have a new vinyl liner pool. I just had bluestone coping installed and I noticed that in some parts of the pool they got the cement in the liner track. I would think this would be a problem if I ever need to replace the liner. Should I ask my contractor to remove the cement in the liner track now or just deal with this when I have to replace the liner? I would imagine the concrete might be a bit softer now, but not sure.

Thank you.liner-concrete.JPEG

It's dark out now - I will get one tomorrow. But to explain the picture -

Top layer is Bluestone coping. The next level is the Quickcrete that attaches the stone to the metal frame. The gray you are seeing is the cantilever coping, and the liner goes in right below that (I believe that is the liner track). You can see that they accidentally put some QuickCrete in the liner track. Here is another picture of another section where the liner has no Quickcete in it.IMG_0277.JPEG

Yeah thats a bit better to get oriented. There is no reason for the mortar being anywhere near the liner track. But I still can’t quite fully wrap my head around what is going on there. does your coping actually overhang at all? The second pic looks like it’s constructed differently so it’s confusing. Is this a steel wall pool? I would expect to see bluestone coping and no mortar on the liner track and definitely no mortar in the liner track. It almost looks like it was done on purpose. what is the excuse for it being there? I would ask them to remove it. And if doing so damages the liner that is on them. It should not be there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.