Converting to Variable Speed pump... Is my Suction-Type Cleaner still viable?

jonwb1

Jan 30, 2018
Upland
Hi... I have a Hayward Navigator suction-type cleaner that still works well. I generally run it every three days. Now however, I'd like to replace my Pool Pump Motor with a Variable Speed unit (Century VGreen or other) to save AC costs. I'm wondering, because of the lower RPM, if these suction type cleaners become obsolete?

Even if there are options to override the VS units and increase RPM, it seems like the extra time spent monitoring the cleaner and adjusting them periodically would be monotonous. Is it easier than I think?

Yes you can still use your cleaner. You will have to set a cleaner program on your new VS pump. You will have a pool pump program ( time on/off and rpm ), cleaner program ( time on/off and rpm ), and depending on # of programs the VS has you can add others.

Reactions: jonwb1
I have the vgreen VS pump, I set the override function to run for 4hrs at 3100, which is the ideal suction for my suction cleaner, works great, it does its normal program and whenever I want to use the cleaner I hot the override button

Reactions: jonwb1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.