converting to saltwater maybe.

barnnns1

Aug 9, 2016
clovis/ca
I already have an intelliflo pump and have been kicking around going saltwater. i see they have the easy touch4 and 8 that you can buy as a package with the salt cell. I have a pretty basic setup. 18000 gal pool and fountain feature that has its own pump. I plan on re doing the plumbing and going down to 1 pump so i will need 1 actuator I think. a couple questions. I run my pump on a higher speed for 2.5 hrs then kick it down to very low. will the salt cell shut itself off when i go low enough rpm? if not can i make it shut off. so all i need the controller for is to run the pump, salt cell, pool lights, and have the ability to turn the fountain on and off.i also may tie in outdoor lighting in the future. what would you guys suggest?

B,

I can't think of a single reason to run the pump and not generate chlorine... If you are generating too much FC, just decrease the output of the cell.. The cell does not require a lot of flow and running the pump slower than that does not make any obvious sense to me.. :scratch:

In any case, adding the EasyTouch with included SWCG will work just fine for you.. The EasyTouch 4 does not mean it can only do four things.. It just means it can control four external devices that need 120 or 220 volt power, such as a pool light, with a relay. The control of the IntelliFlo, the SWCG, the actuators, and even pump speeds are all done internally and do not require the use of any of the 4 high voltage relays...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.