Converting Summer Waves pool to Intex filter- HELP!

CaraB

Jun 9, 2020
ofallon, mo
Any ideas help!

I purchased a Summer Waves Elite 20x48 pool under the impression that converting to an Intex filter would not be too hard of a job.
Nothing I have tried so far works. I need to figure out how to attach the hose in picture A to the skimmer in picture B.

So far I have purchased 2 separate adapters that other forums have recommended that just did not work out.

Attachments

• Pool- .jpg
    Pool- .jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 27
  • pool- a.jpg
    pool- a.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 27
Your best bet is to cut an opening for the "proper" intex outlet (water to the pump). As the included skimmer won't allow enough water to get past (that was our experience)

You would remove and trim/cut out the liner for the proper skimmer box (replace the existing one), as long as you aren't dismantling your pool for winter (you aren't far from us and we don't take it down, 3 yrs now), you will love the "real" skimmer, plus being able to vacuum properly is amazing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.