Converting Summer Waves pool to Intex filter- HELP!

CaraB

Jun 9, 2020
ofallon, mo
Any ideas help!

I purchased a Summer Waves Elite 20x48 pool under the impression that converting to an Intex filter would not be too hard of a job.
Nothing I have tried so far works. I need to figure out how to attach the hose in picture A to the skimmer in picture B.

So far I have purchased 2 separate adapters that other forums have recommended that just did not work out.

Attachments

• Pool- .jpg
    Pool- .jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 24
  • pool- a.jpg
    pool- a.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 24

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
Your best bet is to cut an opening for the "proper" intex outlet (water to the pump). As the included skimmer won't allow enough water to get past (that was our experience)

scm175

Jun 28, 2012
Bristol, PA
I replaced my factory summer waves skimmer with this one. then use this adapter to hook it up to your filter Here is a post on how to install the skimmer. The factory skimmer doesn't flow enough water to supply the larger pumps and the best solution is to remove it.

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
You would remove and trim/cut out the liner for the proper skimmer box (replace the existing one), as long as you aren't dismantling your pool for winter (you aren't far from us and we don't take it down, 3 yrs now), you will love the "real" skimmer, plus being able to vacuum properly is amazing!

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I cut in a skimmer and used flex PVC to plumb. Here’s my set up.
67F95634-E1AB-4CC8-BA61-9F8FD1974117.jpeg

scm175

Jun 28, 2012
Bristol, PA
If the diameter of your round skimmer hole will fit in the square opening of a new skimmer then you should be good to go. That's how I did mine a few years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.