Converting spa makeup line to spa fill line

rcerf

Gold Supporter
Aug 22, 2019
Eloy , Az
I’ve been thinking about doing this for awhile but not sure if it can be done. I have a raised spa that I have set up for spillover mode once a day , so I no longer use the spa makeup line. When the spa is used the water displaced by people using it lowers the level below the tile line when everyone gets out , so I have to go to the equipment pad and manually open the makeup line to refill it. My thought was to turn the check valve on the makeup line into an electric operated diverted valve , and wire it to my prologic valve number 3 relay. Then be able to use my hockey puck style remote to remotely open the valve to refill the spa. I thought about just using spillover mode to refill it but according to the Hayward literature spillover can’t be activated from the remote. Any thoughts on if this is doable. Thanks, Ron. 62D18502-8129-459C-B505-0083D163A86F.jpegAA89AD62-51FE-44DF-AC9C-24E9202EE7C1.jpegF38492B3-4346-48C7-A4FD-2AEF2FA9EF69.jpeg556E0882-F2A7-40F0-9207-F7156137C0F3.jpeg

Thanks for the quick reply Jim. I thought about your suggestion , just thought it would be nice to have the ability to refill any time ?. What I don’t really know is if my automation has the ability to make it work. Thanks again , Ron.

R,

Sorry, I know squat about Hayward.. :(

In general, you will have to have a valve driver that is not being used..

How many automated valve do you current have? Most systems come with 4.. The Intake and Return valves, plus two more.

Let's see if one of our Hayward guys can chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.