Converting from Simple Blue to chlorine

Aug 10, 2018
WEST SENECA
Hi,

I am a new pool owner this summer. The company that sold me my pool sold me on the "weekly" application of Simple Blue Pool Manager, instead of what they described as "daily" application of chlorine to the pool. The chemicals are fine, but the price is about twice as much as chlorine. I have plenty of neighbors and relatives who use chlorine only, and like I said its cheaper and just as easy to manage.

Can anyone suggest to me how to convert over to chlorine only? Is there any special method?

Thanks!

Welcome! :wave:

I suspect that stuff is just a blend of dichlor, borax (to counter the acidity of the dichlor) and Copper Sulfate. Or maybe Potassium Monopersulfate and Copper Sulfate. The only thing for certain is the Copper Sulfate, which I got from reading the label on a picture of the plastic bucket. I can't find an SDS for that stiff anywhere.

The starting point is a water test. If you don't have a proper test kit, order one right now. It's unlikely the local pool store will have one we recommend in stock. But you can take a sample to the pool store to see how high your copper level is. You might need to replace some water, lest you end up with metal stains.

Until you get some credible test results, add bleach daily. Use poolmath to figure out your pool's volume and how many ounces equal 3 ppm and add that.

I dont know wether im mental or not. But im a newbie, and started with trichlor pucks for 2 weeks, then switched to chlorine liquid. I have to say i can feel a difference in the water. Its sooo much nicer ( like i said mabye im mental lol. It just is!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.