Converting from chlorine to pristine blue.

hobby4ak

Jun 30, 2021
Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi I'm new to this whole pool world. I want to switch my pool from chlorine to pristine blue. If anyone could be so kind and give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Hi, my pool is great on all levels of tests and even the sample to pool place tested. But cannot figure out why then my pool water is so cloudy. I backwash and have vacuumed several times with no luck. Please help. What am I missing?
Thank you

Hi, my pool is great on all levels of tests and even the sample to pool place tested. But cannot figure out why then my pool water is so cloudy. I bsbac
You most likely need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Reactions: hobby4ak
You most likely need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
Thank you, thank you and thank you. I'm excited to try this.

Thank you for your response. May I ask why
Pristine blue uses copper. Copper when it gets in your pool water it will eventually build up and turn blonde hair green and stain your pool surfaces. You still must use chlorine at the proper levels (FC/CYA Levels) to be sure your pool is clean and sanitary. The copper only works on algae, not bacteria, viruses, etc.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.