Conversion???

The tarp method will not work for a baquacil conversion. Homeplace did not drain the pool to reduce CYA but to reduce the amount of a baqucil product, CDX, that prolongs the conversion process. Even with a drain and refill you must go through the conversion process to eliminate any remaining baquacil in the plumbing and filter.

I assumed so, but the conversion with 90% of baquacil gone, should take a lot less time than the full load and keep the liner from shifting. Don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I have reached 15 two nites In a row drops to 8 in the morning ph jumps 7.2 to 7.8 only adding bleach at nite. Day time is so hot eats chlorine fast so I don't start till 6:00 pm work till around 11:00. I have not got my drain fixed yet I was able to get the water moving and go to filter . I want to wait till water gets right and then work on it . I am on gallon number 96 now but still hanging in there lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why did the CYA go up so much? Did you mean to raise it and overshoot? Just want to confirm that you added enough CYA product to get to the 80 CYA.

You would need to drain about 30% of your water to get to 50 CYA which is normal for a non SWCG pool in the south, Or, you can manage your water at 80 CYA. It will be close on being able to manage pH as at FC 10 your pH test in not accurate, but it can be done.

The only way tested CYA increases you either add product to the pool or tester error. If you are confident in your current test, then manage the pool with 80 CYA. You do not say how you filter but if with sand or DE backwash freely when you do to replace water. It rains some in SC so if a storm is coming, drain water from the pool prior to the storm. Those actions will lower your CYA over time.

Good Luck!

Want to confirm you are using Liquid Chlorine (bleach) to chlorinate. NOT Pucks! They add CYA -----

Ok l'm back sorry it took so long other things going on.you were right tester error . Pools new numbers.
Ph- 7.5
fc- 3.5
cc- 0.5
ta-90
ch-100
cya-50
Most of it was error big hurry lol. I want to thank you and everyone with TFP for your help and support you guys are the best. Now to the support page . When you donate with Amazon do you know who sent it started a month ago? Tks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.