Controlling Pentair Intelliflo Remotely via Wifi

Ok, I just read their manual.

You will need a power supply. The cheapest and probably easiest to get is a 12V DC. It says it will use both AC or DC. The yellow and green go to the pump.

Then connect the power supply to the two terminals for the power supply.

Then wire the comm port to the comm on the relays.

The wire the NO on the relays to each relay position.

Voila should be that easy. However, I have never used that item, but that is what the manual says to do.
Thank you. Do you think I should use the same 12v power supply to power both the pool buster and the relay switch? Or do you think it's ok to use the 12v power supply to power the AC adapter and a 5v micro USB cable to power the wifi relay switch?

I dont see any reason you cant use the 12v to power both. Easier than having 2 power supplies, less to go wrong. Just make sure you have one that is powerful enough, although I cant see either requiring a lot of power.

I just want to be able to switch the pump to a specific rpm from my phone. I'd program that room to program 1. So I just need a way to initiate program 1 from my phone at any time.
Newb,

Sorry for the delay... got busy with my consulting. Let me start by saying I haven't done this using the Intellicom but I've done something similar with my automation for my pump, a drain valve, and my robot. You could put an outdoor Smarplug in an enclosure that is wired to power the transformer from 120 vac any location that's also convenient to your Intellicom. Then set the Smartplug up on Alexa and name it High Speed. Take the 24 vac output of the transformer and use it as a digital input for your Intellicom that invokes the speed you set for your high speed. I did this for numerous items on my V-green VS motor to select a higher speed from digital signals in my system. I'm using Alexa to control my new Pentair Warrior SE robot this way using a timing routine. Works like a charm and dirt cheap! I already had a power supply so all it cost me was the plug.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thank you. Do you think I should use the same 12v power supply to power both the pool buster and the relay switch? Or do you think it's ok to use the 12v power supply to power the AC adapter and a 5v micro USB cable to power the wifi relay switch?
Check the specs on the Intellicom digital input signal. I thought it was very similar to my V-Green digital input which accepts 12-30 vac/dc.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.