controlling hayward aquarite with intellitouch

I tried connecting my EasyTouch to my circa 2006 Aqua Rite and the “Remotely Controlled” light never lit or blinked. I enabled “Clorinator Present” in SL Config. Any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong?

After you enabled chlorinator, are you able to see the salt reading from your SL chlorinator tab? If you don't see that and you're not seeing the remote control light flash at least briefly, I'd double check your wiring. The Aquarite and Pentair wiring order/colors are not the same.

I'm still working to wrap my head around the code but think I've zero'd in on the portions that will need some tweaks. It needs a third mode I'd call 'hybrid' chlorinator controller. In this mode, the intellitouch/easytouch still acts as the master contoller and nodejs_Poolcontroller interacts with it, EXCEPT that it also sends the needed commands directly to the swg on the needed 4s intervals.

Reactions: miatawnt2b
As fate would have it, my Aquarite v1.49 board released the magic black smoke last week. I now have a v1.59 board. Unfortunately, it has the same issue with easytouch and requires the same work around. As I was frantically searching for a replacement board, I found a local deal on a nearly new Intellichem which I plan to use only for pH. It turns out, easytouch also doesn't play nice in this configuration as it assume if you have an intellichem that the intellichem is controlling the SWG.

Long story short, the hack I previously needed, to make the Aquarite play nice with Easytouch and get a unified automation system, is now pushed back on the back burner as it seems I'm forced to have at least one of the systems (pH or chlorine) running in stand-alone mode.

Has anyone looked into custom firmware for the easytouch?

As fate would have it, my Aquarite v1.49 board released the magic black smoke last week. I now have a v1.59 board. Unfortunately, it has the same issue with easytouch and requires the same work around. As I was frantically searching for a replacement board, I found a local deal on a nearly new Intellichem which I plan to use only for pH. It turns out, easytouch also doesn't play nice in this configuration as it assume if you have an intellichem that the intellichem is controlling the SWG.

Long story short, the hack I previously needed, to make the Aquarite play nice with Easytouch and get a unified automation system, is now pushed back on the back burner as it seems I'm forced to have at least one of the systems (pH or chlorine) running in stand-alone mode.

Has anyone looked into custom firmware for the easytouch?
Rando,
When connecting your RS485 to your Aquarite what cable did you connect to A+ and B-?

I have been troubleshooting the exact same thing. I'm betting Pentair changed the RS485 protocol in a firmware change. I've noticed that the pentair is sending data to the Chlorinator at about 15 second intervals. However, the Hayward needs the update to be sent in 5 second intervals or less. I thought maybe I could use nodejs_poolController on git and use a RasPi to talk to both the Pentair and Hayward, but it doesn't seem to work in both Intellitouch and Virtual mode at the same time.
This now works in nodejs-poolController. One of our users opened an issue, tried out a new fix, and confirmed it works.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Super news. It works as advertised. The only thing that doesn't work is individual spa chlorination percentage. This isn't a problem for me since I have the salt cell on the pool return only.

So from the Pentair screenlogic, you can control salt cell percentage when on pool mode, & superchlorination, but not spa percentage. So just to recap, I have an Pentair Easytouch/Intellitouch with screenlogic and a hayward Aquarite salt system connected via serial bus as described in the hayward install manual.
Is this connection still working ? I have an new Easytouch pannel - pool guy says it wont work, but from this post, seems it does. Who is right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.