Control 12v Colorlogic Lights with Prologic??

Blueskies21

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2011
Middle TN
So I got the Hayward Prologic PS8 panel today and in reading the installation manual I guess you need another module to control Hayward Colorlogic Lights. In reading the manual for the additional module (which I haven't bought yet) it sounds like it will only control 120v versions of the Colorlogic lights not the 12v lights.

Does anyone out there have 12v color logics connected to a Prologic panel? Is it possible? Should I get the builder to exchange the 12v lights for 120v lights? Any thoughts on the 12v vs 120v light decision?

Thanks!!

I don't have the Hayward Colorlogic Lights, but I have Fiberstars 12v LED lights in my pool and spa. My Prologic PS-8 controls them with no problems. The lights relay in the Prologic is connected to a 12v stepdown transformer that powers the LED lights.

First, the ProLogic system will give you simple on/off control of your lights without any additions.

To get complete control over the colors you need a ColorLogic network module. ColorLogic is compatible with 12 volt lights, however it must be wired before the transformer that converts 120 volts to 12 volts, use the transformers specifically designed for ColorLogic, and you also need one coupler module for each transformer.

I don't know the consequences of using third party transformers, but Hayward manuals do say that using Hayward branded transformers is required for use with the network module.

Hayward sells a whole line of transformers, designed to be mounted on the junction box between the main control panel and the light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.