Contracts signed, Long Island

Drago

Mar 2, 2017
Long Island/NY
Hey all, longtime lurker first time poster.. Just signed our contract for an IG 16x36x26 cement walled vinyl pool..
We currently have a semi-inground 15x26 that we installed 7 years ago, but two kids later we decided to redo the backyard. After a bunch of conversations we finally chose the pb and signed this past weekend. Unfortunately they wont be breaking ground until approx. Nov 13 (friday the 13th :eek:).. they told us in september the designer will reach out and we can finalize the design..
Wife and kids are super excited for the tanning ledge and slide!
Anything i missed in the contract that I should try and change before it begins? Should I have done hard bottom throughout the entire pool or was it ok for the shallow end only? PB was saying it wasn't necessary since no one will be standing in 8ft.

Looking forward to expanding this thread in the coming months!

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Vukota12
Good luck - I’m waiting on my surveyor so I can submit my permit application. I’m told it’s “too hot out.” I’m tempted to submit with an old survey just to get the process started. I was also told by my town we need a dry well, depending on where you are, I’d suggest making sure you don’t need one so you don’t have any delays.

Good luck - I’m waiting on my surveyor so I can submit my permit application. I’m told it’s “too hot out.” I’m tempted to submit with an old survey just to get the process started. I was also told by my town we need a dry well, depending on where you are, I’d suggest making sure you don’t need one so you don’t have any delays.
Hey, yeah my town requires a dry well but I called them and requested an exemption.. PB told me that with the SWG you can’t backwash and it wouldn’t need the drywell?

Hey, yeah my town requires a dry well but I called them and requested an exemption.. PB told me that with the SWG you can’t backwash and it wouldn’t need the drywell?
What did the town say? I’m getting a SWG as well, maybe I’ll try the same.

I’m in Huntington, I might submit the plans with the request for no drywell. There is an affidavit where you are swearing that your property can handle the run-off. Even without the SWG I’m on over a half acre and can handle it no problem. But everyone I have spoken to has been required to get one and the pool engineer said we are required as well. Still waiting on a quote from the excavator.

Hey all, longtime lurker first time poster.. Just signed our contract for an IG 16x36x26 cement walled vinyl pool..
We currently have a semi-inground 15x26 that we installed 7 years ago, but two kids later we decided to redo the backyard. After a bunch of conversations we finally chose the pb and signed this past weekend. Unfortunately they wont be breaking ground until approx. Nov 13 (friday the 13th :eek:).. they told us in september the designer will reach out and we can finalize the design..
Wife and kids are super excited for the tanning ledge and slide!
Anything i missed in the contract that I should try and change before it begins? Should I have done hard bottom throughout the entire pool or was it ok for the shallow end only? PB was saying it wasn't necessary since no one will be standing in 8ft.

Looking forward to expanding this thread in the coming months!
Good Luck!!

design came in today and we're super excited! any comments or suggestions? we are thinking of removing the step to the tanning ledge and bringing that up to 12 inches.. shallow end will be 3.5 ft going down to 8ft.

Attachments

• design.png
    design.png
    543.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: jamjam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.