Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi there,

Lots of threads already on this but not able to find specific answer. I am finding that each time I test my pH is high (8 or above). I always treat with recommended amount of MA from PoolMath. I’m sharing my log (first time doing this so hope it works properly) but any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you!

PoolMath Logs

Your TA has room to come down. Next time the pH hits 8.0, use enough acid to lower the pH to about 7.2. That larger dose of acid will help to lower the TA each time you do it. Over time, the TA should fall to around 60 or so which should help keep the pH from rising so fast.

Hi there,

Lots of threads already on this but not able to find specific answer. I am finding that each time I test my pH is high (8 or above). I always treat with recommended amount of MA from PoolMath. I’m sharing my log (first time doing this so hope it works properly) but any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you!

PoolMath Logs
You are doing it correctly. With your TA at 125, this may happen fairly often. As you continue to add MA to reduce pH your TA will come down. As TA lowers, you will find your acid additions to be less frequent. Just maintain your pH to start with a 7. When it gets to 8, reduce it to 7. Rinse repeat. (if you don't always get the pH move you expect, you might target 7.2 until you are sure you can hit 7). The reason to target 7 is that it will reduce your TA faster. Great Job!

It appears you are testing about every two weeks. Change that to twice a week and manage your pH to stay in the 7’s. Your elevated TA is why your pH rises. As you add acid to keep the pH in the 7’s twice a week, the TA will fall.

Thank you all for the quick responses. I treated today to lower to 7.2 and will test in a few days to maintain.

The difference between maintenance (and mindshare!) from this year to last year, which was my first year as a pool owner, is night and day thanks to all the information on this site. Thanks again!

Thank you all for the quick responses. I treated today to lower to 7.2 and will test in a few days to maintain.

The difference between maintenance (and mindshare!) from this year to last year, which was my first year as a pool owner, is night and day thanks to all the information on this site. Thanks again!
That is AWESOME!!! You might consider a donation to help us keep the light on...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.