Contemplating switching from pebblesheen to quartz last minute

I think I’m at the point of over researching too lol which pebble product and color are you going with? The wet edge signature matrix? I’m curious about that one too
Yes, Wet Edge Signature Matrix Tahoe. It's more of an aqua blue color. I'm particularly not a fan of the windex blue colors. I like that the base color of the Tahoe is more of a blue gray with natural pebbles. My pool now is currently black bottom (the quartz,) and very natural/lagoon style. This time we are going with an aqua blue 6x6 waterline tile that has shades of brown and gray in it and glass tile on the raised planter as well as the same glass tile in bands on the sun shelf, steps and swim out bench. I'll include a pic of what our pool looks like now and the new tile that we're going to be using next to the sample of Tahoe. Ignore the overgrown palm in the planter. Someone's coming out to trim that and shape it up hopefully next week! We are also replacing the fan jets on the raised planter with nicer scupper spouts for a prettier water feature.

Attachments

• 20210223_175040.jpg
    20210223_175040.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210222_171807.jpg
    20210222_171807.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210225_123152.jpg
    20210225_123152.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210225_123121.jpg
    20210225_123121.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: colleenbevans
Yes, Wet Edge Signature Matrix Tahoe. It's more of an aqua blue color. I'm particularly not a fan of the windex blue colors. I like that the base color of the Tahoe is more of a blue gray with natural pebbles. My pool now is currently black bottom (the quartz,) and very natural/lagoon style. This time we are going with an aqua blue 6x6 waterline tile that has shades of brown and gray in it and glass tile on the raised planter as well as the same glass tile in bands on the sun shelf, steps and swim out bench. I'll include a pic of what our pool looks like now and the new tile that we're going to be using next to the sample of Tahoe. Ignore the overgrown palm in the planter. Someone's coming out to trim that and shape it up hopefully next week! We are also replacing the fan jets on the raised planter with nicer scupper spouts for a prettier water feature.
Gorgeous! I’m not a big fan of the windex color either. But I don’t want too much green. How does the signature matrix feel when you rub your hand against it?

Gorgeous! I’m not a big fan of the windex color either. But I don’t want too much green. How does the signature matrix feel when you rub your hand against it?
Bumpy but flat? Does that make sense? Here's a picture of the top of the sample from the side. You can see the pebbles don't really stick up from the surface. They are pretty well compacted.

Attachments

• 16142773417128531334549545860679.jpg
    16142773417128531334549545860679.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 75
Hi folks. Our shotcrete went in the other day and being a first time pool builder I’m not sure what to expect. My husband texted our contractor some questions regarding all the imperfections and we were told no, nothing will be smoothed out prior to plastering. Which is making me lean toward a pebble coating because it’s more forgiving. Is this normal though? There’s even some hand prints and footprints that I guess is just going to stay and not be smoothed out at all..9EFBBEA5-BCEC-49BF-A0DC-09140E21EF22.jpeg9EFBBEA5-BCEC-49BF-A0DC-09140E21EF22.jpeg

That is normal. Plaster will fill in imperfections and smooth it all out.

Reactions: mknauss
I absolutely will! Looks like we get started on the refinish in a couple weeks. All my tile is in stock and already placed on hold by my builder so it's a matter of getting in line.
We have Wet Edge Signature Matrix Cadet Blue and love the look. Haven't been in really swimming, but just as hard on our feet as the beach in Cabo, so no complaints here!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love this color plaster with white tile. I suggested it to my husband and he said no way. We have enough white tile in the house 😂. C320BE71-65CF-4FA2-8E5D-97CA7F731224.jpeg

Ok so its been a hot minute and decisions have been MADE. So we are going with Pebblesheen French Gray and adding the shimmering seas abalone shells. Went back to the pool place with my husband and after feeling it again, I think we'll be okay. I am slightly concerned about reading here that the shells cause discoloration, at least it seems it did years ago and mostly in plaster pools. I'm wondering if anyone who has added it to Pebblesheen or pebbletec using their specific products has had any issues? I did call customer service, but they have to call me back.
I also did try VERY hard to get a quote for the wet edge primera stone products. There is only one certified applicator here in town and after trying for 3 weeks, I gave up.

Ok so its been a hot minute and decisions have been MADE. So we are going with Pebblesheen French Gray and adding the shimmering seas abalone shells. Went back to the pool place with my husband and after feeling it again, I think we'll be okay. I am slightly concerned about reading here that the shells cause discoloration, at least it seems it did years ago and mostly in plaster pools. I'm wondering if anyone who has added it to Pebblesheen or pebbletec using their specific products has had any issues? I did call customer service, but they have to call me back.
I also did try VERY hard to get a quote for the wet edge primera stone products. There is only one certified applicator here in town and after trying for 3 weeks, I gave up.
Here is my Wet Edge just completed yesterday! I also had concerns about the abalone shell so my builder suggested putting glass beads in instead. I did a sapphire blend glass bead in my Tahoe blue. The beads sparkles and glistens in the sun 🤩 and I don't have to worry about deterioration or loss of sparkle over the years. That might be an option if you have any concern whatsoever about abalone.

Attachments

• 20210319_133703.jpg
    20210319_133703.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210319_134018.jpg
    20210319_134018.jpg
    930.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210319_135540.jpg
    20210319_135540.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210316_094627.jpg
    20210316_094627.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 74
Also, I know you had some concern over the Wet Edge Signature Matrix feeling rough. I know it all depends on who installs it, however ours feels great! Even my husband who has very sensitive feet was pleasantly surprised. And while I believe it really depends on the abalone shell the builders use, my pool builder did confirm that over the years they can tend to lose their sparkle. From what I read on here with people who are happy with it, they haven't had any loss of sparkle. I just didn't want to take a chance which is why I went with the glass. It gave me the sparkle I wanted and I don't have to worry about it breaking down, losing shine, to etc. Sorry! I don't need to confuse you yet again but just sharing what I've learned through this renovation.

Reactions: TikiParadise
Also, I know you had some concern over the Wet Edge Signature Matrix feeling rough. I know it all depends on who installs it, however ours feels great! Even my husband who has very sensitive feet was pleasantly surprised. And while I believe it really depends on the abalone shell the builders use, my pool builder did confirm that over the years they can tend to lose their sparkle. From what I read on here with people who are happy with it, they haven't had any loss of sparkle. I just didn't want to take a chance which is why I went with the glass. It gave me the sparkle I wanted and I don't have to worry about it breaking down, losing shine, to etc. Sorry! I don't need to confuse you yet again but just sharing what I've learned through this renovation.
Your pool is gorgeous! I would LOVE to have wet edge, but man these people will not get back to me. Like, don't you want my money? There is a glass bead additive for Pebblesheen too. I'll have to look into it. I would think glass holds up just fine over time?

Your pool is gorgeous! I would LOVE to have wet edge, but man these people will not get back to me. Like, don't you want my money? There is a glass bead additive for Pebblesheen too. I'll have to look into it. I would think glass holds up just fine over time?
Yes. The glass doesn't break down or lose it's shine and is smooth as the pebble! There are iridescent beads in the mix that REALLY catch the sun. I just didn't want the worry with the abalone.
Have you called Wet Edge corporate and asked them about applicators in your area? If there is only that one and you tell them they aren't getting back to you, they should be able to put you in touch. I found them very, very helpful and informative at Wet Edge. That's how I found my applicator... And Wet Edge was super easy to get in touch with. I believe I spoke with Tracy there. She spent a lot of time on the phone with me answering my questions and gave me a ton of information!

Reactions: TikiParadise
Dschnell-- That water is GORGEOUS!! :love: Did you use signature matrix? We are using prism matrix which has the blue beads in it. I understand its not as smooth as signature matrix though. But SHEESH- that water! Closely following your build Jennifer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.