Construction in N. TX - Plaster Time

Re: Construction in N. TX - Tile/Coping Phase

LOL I will tell you most professionals run from us as well!

I like the pick what you like and apologize later. It works for me all of the time! (My poor husband :roll:)

Kim:kim:

Construction in N. TX - Tile/Coping Phase

We need some coping color help! Our coping guy can do a powder release, which is the left darker color, or a liquid release, which is the lower right lighter color (don't mind the salt finish). The upper sample is the decking color, and I put down two tiles because they vary widely, which actually looks very nice (Spread em out right Kim???) Lol. So which coping do you like, the darker or middle color?
48069bef8078e12912f096696f6a5564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL yep spread them out how YOU want them!

Okay since it only the coping color I pick the darker one. If it were the whole patio I would say it is too dark due to TX sun and feet BUT I LOVE it with the lighter patio color and your feet will not be on it long so.........I love contrasting colors.

LOL yep spread them out how YOU want them!

Okay since it only the coping color I pick the darker one. If it were the whole patio I would say it is too dark due to TX sun and feet BUT I LOVE it with the lighter patio color and your feet will not be on it long so.........I love contrasting colors.

I agree Kim. I like the dark contrast. I hope the light colored salt finish will be cool enough for little feet. Looking at pooldv's deck I think we'll be ok.

Weatherzone says 43.3C atm... (110F). I've never noticed heat being uncomfortable on the limestone before today... made me hurry just a little :) Most of our grandies have the toughest feet of anyone, but the littlies might cry a wee bit :(

I love how they did the rounded corners! They seemed to to really care about the end product in how they made the smaller ones all the same instead of trying to cut as few as they could get by with. NICE!

Weatherzone says 43.3C atm... (110F). I've never noticed heat being uncomfortable on the limestone before today... made me hurry just a little :) Most of our grandies have the toughest feet of anyone, but the littlies might cry a wee bit :(

Ah get those kids some flip flops! My kids have complained a few times, but I'm not worried because in actuality they won't be walking on it for long.

Yes they did do a really quality job Kim. The same crew is coming back today to do the grotto. I think I'm more excited for the beer slots than I am for the actual waterfall. Imagining sitting under drinking a Corona.....Is it summer yet??? :cool:

I have white residue that is seeping through my gunite. Mostly on the top portion. I think it could be coming from rebar or a chemical on the rebar. What do you think it is? And is it something I should be worried about?
feb5a4b8e22d9bc38e55f080a63444aa.jpg

4ab52115d9539f4162a6433ade313570.jpg

It's efflorescence. It is from water moving through your gunite shell from the earth side to the air side. The water carries salts and minerals from the concrete to the surface where the water evaporates and leaves the mineral deposit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It's efflorescence. It is from water moving through your gunite shell from the earth side to the air side. The water carries salts and minerals from the concrete to the surface where the water evaporates and leaves the mineral deposit.

And nothing to worry about. The shell will cleaned prior to plaster installation.

haha, don't worry, Aussie kids live in 'flip-flops' as soon as they can keep them on! For mid-day sun, the lightest shades of decking the better, provided it suits the look you want.

Here are a few more pictures of the grotto work done today. They used about 2 tons of Oklahoma moss boulders, with a cinder block interior and poured concrete roof.
357325eb0fe6d8abeb47eb8a43a4b222.jpg
703a4df46ec70ec908e674ee56b85a9f.jpg
ef179c8e24f00bbe6db6d815dd59948e.jpg

Well the coping finally was installed today! It took a lot longer than expected, mostly due to the contractor not showing up when he said. I would have used someone else's, but he was the only guy who knew about poured coping. Ugh. Here are some pictures, I need to find the best way to remove the white tile liner. Cut it?
8b4691a940a8abb9044578022303a7d6.jpg
abcc3769cd849455c99a047a40d7268a.jpg
77f8bd880596e29b93cb1e4d700e8d74.jpg
6434bdb35c08a4b155a183e786526983.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.