Constant rain and drain

SerenityIV

Aug 2, 2019
Orlando, FL
So, here in Central Florida it tends to rain just about everyday for less than an hour. Lately, we have been getting lots and lots of rain, and for those unfamiliar with Florida rain, it's heavy! My pool does not to seem to have any sort of auto-drain feature, which I am completely shocked at with this type of climate. Came home today and the water is well above the skimmer from a 1-2 day rain. What do other Floridians down here do? Do you have to drain every couple of days? Anyone have any tricks or tips? I'm tired of dragging out the submersible every few days from rain. Not to mention having to drain constant pool water into the back of my lawn. There has to be a better solution. What am I missing? I assume pool water of this amount constantly being drained into a lawn isn't good. I also assume Florida has this down. I never see my neighbors draining manually unless their pool guys are doing it. But they typically come once a week and there's no way that's enough to keep the water levels proper for their system.
Help!

I was not smart enough to install an auto drain when we built our pool. So I have to hook up a hose to a hose bib connected on the pump outlet. We have a drain behind our house or you can drain to the street. I haven't priced getting one installed. It is just a matter of drilling a hole into the side of your pool and then running a pipe out with a trap to the height you want to keep your water.3C2AAFEC-70A5-44D4-A2B3-28EAE188FEF9.jpeg

Yessir, I have one of those as well and switch between that, or the submersible pump (haven't really determined which is faster yet, haha). So I'm not alone. Yeah, we got this house a little less than a year ago so we didn't have a choice, but man... What a pain. I had a feeling the answer would be...yup, gotta manually drain it. But that's so tedious in rainy Florida summers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.