Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Over the last few years we’ve replaced several parts on it. Recently we replaced a few hose sections. It’s still not moving a lot. And definitely not climbing the walls. I have to basically close my skimmer and turn my pump up to get enough suction for it to move. It also gets jammed very easily, sometimes a pine needle will jam it. This is the only vacuum I’ve ever had so I don’t know if these issues are typical, or if I should buy a different vaccum? Our pool stays open year round, and the vaccum is in the pool unless we are swimming.

I have the MX8 and I don't have the issues you have. Mine is probably 8 years old or so but has had most of the parts changed. It is always in when we are not swimming and it keeps the pool very clean.

An occasional palm frond will jam it but I suspect that would be true for anything simply because they are long and you can tow a car with them. I am a fan of suction side cleaners but I do not get a lot of debris in my pool either. If I got a lot of large debris I might not like it so much since leaves and pine needles could definitely jam it. For other stuff the pool is spotless and emptying the basket on the pump is sooooo much better than pulling a cleaner with a leaf trap out of the pool to clean it.

I do have mine plumbed so that when my cleaner schedule kicks on it diverts the skimmers to the suction port for the cleaner for a couple of hours then reverts to skimming when it is done though. This is all done via automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.