Connecting hayward skimmer to intex pump.

My Hayward came with a tapered adapter that I pushed a standard Intex 1.5" hose onto and secured with a hose clamp.

temporary_zps5c695011.jpg

My Hayward came with a tapered adapter that I pushed a standard Intex 1.5" hose onto and secured with ...

I honestly think I'm going to do the same thing. The only difference is I'm going to try and add a PVC ball valve into it using some suggestions in this thread. I'm at work right now but I have my skimmer beside me ready to go to Lowes in just a few hours lol I will definitely post pictures after the weekend if I can get it successfully installed!

I also used the Game adaptors, I was going to order them from Amazon but decided to take a trip to Leslies Pool, they had one left sitting on a shelf for 9.00. They worked perfectly. I have my Hayward Pump / Filter hooked up with the intex hoses.

You did it! Great job. Wow on the picnic table- didn't just go for the simple rectangle huh!?! What are you using for the umbrella stand?

Thanks :) my redneck engineering umbrella holder doubles as a fishing pole holder lol. Or basically a piece of PVC with an angle cut on one end.....i think it has a rod in the middle to hold it up higher inside the pipe also.

I've found that a 2" straight thread electrical conduit fitting is a very close match to the Intex 40mm thread, and the hose nut will accept the very slight differences in thread pitch.

Note that it cannot be a taper thread fitting for normal pipe. The thread pitch and depth are quite different from the straight thread conduit fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.