connecting a pipe to the return lines?

Aug 19, 2014
Jupiter, FL
Greetings All,

I was thinking of doing a DIY sprinkler or maybe "rain fall"/shower thing (the kids really enjoyed at the kiddie pool while on a cruise) - I was thinking the easiest way would be just to drill some holes into a pvc pipe with the elbows and caps and connect it (not permanently) to the return.

What would be the name of that fitting that can go into the return outlets (2x 1" outlets) and connect to pvc pipes? - I recall seeing something that looked like it had a rubber seal that you could compress to be pretty tight to the inside of a pipe once - would this be the right thing to use? If so, what is it called?

Thanks!,

Bob

Not sure I understand. Are you wanting to connect to the returns in the pool? My returns have eyeballs that are threaded. I just took one to the store and got a threaded pvc adapter to match.

It sounds like you want a compression fitting instead of a threaded one.

Greetings All,

I was thinking of doing a DIY sprinkler or maybe "rain fall"/shower thing (the kids really enjoyed at the kiddie pool while on a cruise) - I was thinking the easiest way would be just to drill some holes into a pvc pipe with the elbows and caps and connect it (not permanently) to the return.

What would be the name of that fitting that can go into the return outlets (2x 1" outlets) and connect to pvc pipes? - I recall seeing something that looked like it had a rubber seal that you could compress to be pretty tight to the inside of a pipe once - would this be the right thing to use? If so, what is it called?

Thanks!,

Bob
What type of pool?
Can you fill out your signature with pool and equipment details please?

Like this??? I use it to raise TA when necessary...

Basically I just unscrew the eyeball and screw in a threaded adapter... The connection between the adapter the the sprayer pipe is just a rubber plumbing hose with a hose clamp and each end.. Keep in mind it does not have kids play on it, but the basic idea works fine..

Jim R.

Not sure I understand. Are you wanting to connect to the returns in the pool? My returns have eyeballs that are threaded. I just took one to the store and got a threaded pvc adapter to match.

It sounds like you want a compression fitting instead of a threaded one.

Yes! - That is the word compression fitting
You are correct - my return lines going into the pool are not threaded. - there are two of them roughly 14" apart and look to be positioned to be a "massage" of sorts - have a seating/bench at that part of the pool (deep end)

What type of pool?

Not sure on the size exactly - kidney shaped in ground pool with pebble tec - approx 30' long and 15' wide at widest part, 8' at the deepest

That sounds like a good way to damage the threads. I visualize someone hitting that and cracking those plastic threads to point an eyeball wouldn’t work anymore.

the returns are not threaded....

Like this??? I use it to raise TA when necessary...

Basically I just unscrew the eyeball and screw in a threaded adapter... The connection between the adapter the the sprayer pipe is just a rubber plumbing hose with a hose clamp and each end.. Keep in mind it does not have kids play on it, but the basic idea works fine..

Jim R.

Yeah like that! - my returns do not have threads though...

Greetings All,

Thanks!,

Bob
What type of pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.