Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I texted the PB asking if the TRUCLEAR his company installed 2 months ago should be iAquaLink controlled. Response was "No. The automated tru clear system is linked to the RS system". I am thinking is this a wrong#? I sent the PB a photo of the Jandy TRUCLEAR instructions stating to connect a RS485 cable for automation. No response. I think the PB changes his phone number or lets his wife answer questions about completed jobs.

After two weeks of walking back and forth to the TRUCLEAR controller trying to get it tuned and adjusting it down for spa use I took matters into my own hands.

I tried to remove the RS485 cable header from the TRUCLEAR control box, but the bonding cable was blocking it. I ended up splitting the TRUCLEAR case. I found the electricians did not set the seal properly and there were gaps to air along the bottom. The round foam tube seal barely sits in a channel around the front lid. At the bottom of the lid the channel takes some 90 degree turns and elevation changes. In addition, the length of the seal is short so it must stretched is some areas. The bottom of the seal was outside of the channel and pinched going inside of the unit. Placing this seal took longer than connecting RS. I only had CAT5e cable and used that to complete the link. I will replace the CAT5e with alarm cable.

Now I have fully automated TRUCLEAR control.

Two weeks prior to this, the electricians left the salt cell disconnected. I couldn’t connect it because the bonding wire ran across the threads at the TRUCLEAR control unit. I added salt and the next day had no flow. They returned to fix that.IMG_3335.PNGIMG_3312.JPEGIMG_3328.JPEGIMG_3332.JPEGIMG_3334.JPEGIMG_3336.PNG

Reactions: PoolGate
Nice work! Frequently you need to be your own advocate so glad to see you took matters into your own hands and fixed everything. I find that builders are knowledgeable about structure and not so much with the automation.

Reactions: Timujin
This is very true. I am convinced my PB knows guys that do xyz and he coordinates the work, orders supplies and pays everyone. Many questions I had seemed to go over his head THANKS to troublefreepool.com.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.