Confusing Maytronics product lines

spedf22

Feb 22, 2022
Atlanta
I am in the market for a pool robot and have been thoroughly confused by Maytronics’ website. They have several robots that appear, at least to me, to be almost identical yet priced differently. Their product comparison tables show almost no differences other than price. What‘s the difference between the E, S and M line of products. Is an E50 the same as an S300?

Thoroughly confused. Help!

A bit like buying a mattress, eh? Agree it's confusing and the differences between units are small.

I recommend shopping with Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio for best price and great service.

They can be a bit hard to get ahold of - and supplies are very constrained now - but can give great advice. They'll sell you what you need, and nothing more.

Reactions: mknauss
I am in the market for a pool robot and have been thoroughly confused by Maytronics’ website. They have several robots that appear, at least to me, to be almost identical yet priced differently. Their product comparison tables show almost no differences other than price. What‘s the difference between the E, S and M line of products. Is an E50 the same as an S300?

Thoroughly confused. Help!
I just went through this and couldn't believe how they have their online line, their reseller line, this vendor's branded line, that vendor's branded line, other brand names, and so on and they only have like 6 actual models. I found the pentair brand to be the best bang for the buck if you are looking for mid tier since the 920 and 930 come with the ultra fine filters for the same price as the dolphin that does not come with them.

Reactions: reggiehammond
Mentioned this in another thread recently. There is no difference in functionality it's just branding. Seems like they have 40 robots and in reality it's less than 10. There are even some that aren't on their website as well.

What would that be?
The motor assemblies get water in them and the internal drive motors die. They are not repairable and Maytronics actively keeps the internal components off the market. Therefore, after it fails outside of warranty, you are forced to either pay for a very expensive motor assembly replacement or buy a new robot. Motor assemblies right now cost $450 + tax & shipping.

Expect the average life of the unit to be around 5 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.