Confused with keeping Fc at the right levels

Lol He totally is! He apologized for not believing in the process...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Haha Kim! Told him he owes me a drink. He believes! He believes! I can't wait until I can't see the water! haha . I still have a little ways to go I know, but the improvement was exciting. Jet, yes you are right . CYA at 40. When you are talking about the FC drop...youre saying its good that it drops like it has? I would get it to 16 and check an hour later and I was at 13... So then I would add a little more to get it at 17 or 18 . I was shocked when it went down to 14 . I thought it was bad because I thought it meant algae was eating it.

I put my robot in and will clean him out. Then I will put him back in tomorrow. I feel better having an extra tool to keep punching away at it!

You have the algae on the ropes. Now the FC is getting at every new cell that gets born, plus there's enough FC to be working on the harder spots.

Plus the water is not cloudy, so the sun is beating up the chlorine that much more than it has been. Maintain, Maintain, Maintain.

Also, be a detective big time, figure out where algae is hiding. Brush it with a toothbrush if you have to. The water is safe, get in there and annihilate the algae. Scrub around the returns, scrub anywhere you see a dark line where it doesn't belong.

To anyone else watching this thread... I know squat about that style of steps. Are they sealed to the pool structure or liner? Do they have water inside them? Can they be lifted out or bleach squirted in?

my husband got in the other day and did scrub around our steps, skimmers and light. Maintaining away! I wanted it my robots bag.. and the first of picked up was very fine and had a green tinge to it.. So it looks like it was algae. Maybe dirt on the Seams? That always has happened in the past when wet get wind. So maybe the big piles are algae? It'd always in the same spots... the piles that is. There have been two very large areas with piles and then smaller piles in the corners

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep, the seams and wrinkles deserve extra scrubbing. When I want to do something deep, I wear cargo shorts with rocks in the pockets (I actually use bricks). Sold scuba gear years ago, unfortunately, but a weight belt would be nice to have around and is on my shopping list, haha. I do it when someone is in the yard in case the old ticker gives out at the wrong time.

Kim's turkey baster method is still best for identifying, but green says it all.

Another way to know... when you scrub a brown or dark green streak of algae, it doesn't come off entirely. But when you look again in 5 or 6 hours, or the next morning, the streak is gone, so it has to be algae. The scrubbing scalps the biofilm that grows over algae to protect it, allowing the chlorine in for the kill.

- - - Updated - - -

K, thanks, pooldv. That's great to hear. I was worried that some algae farm under them might have been part of your challenges. So just hunt the algae all down and scalp it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the pressure on that shiny new pressure gauge?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so somehow I must have made a mistake in my fc test last night. I must have not counted a drop or something....because this morning my FC is 14. I did it twice. My SWG is definitely off. Lol so I think i passed? My pump is running and the sun was starting to come up so it isn't light yet . Even with the jets from the pump and the low light , I could see the bottom in the deep end !

You have come SO far! This is awesome! Now it will be polishing and leveling the water.

Keep an eye out when you are in Lowes or such for the DE for pools. One day them should have some in and you can grab it then. I love how my water looks when I use it. It just adds the finial touch.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.