Confused about pump/SWG/timer setup...

Jun 12, 2012
A bit confused here. I am getting a 21' AGP and will be getting a Hayward Aquatrol RJ SWG. I am looking at 2 speed pumps, one with a timer, one without. The SWG does not have a timer.

Is it advisable to get an external timer to run both the SWG and pump? Can I buy the pump with the built in timer and have it work for the SWG as well?

I am a bit confused as to how this should be setup so that the SWG will not run without the pump?

Thanks

The aquatrol has a built in timer.

I would suggest a two speed timer and a regular aquarite with a T-15 cell.

The two speed timer can control the pump and aquarite.

Or, just do a regular timer for both and control the pump speed by a switch on the pump. You should never really need high speed anyway.

Make sure that the pump and aquarite are compatible as far as what voltage they will take.

Or, just do a regular timer for both and control the pump speed by a switch on the pump. You should never really need high speed anyway.

I think this is what I want to do. So does a receptacle get wired to the timer so that the receptacle itself is timed (and thus the pump and SWG run at the same time)? Or does the pump and SWG themselves, get wired directly to the timer? I think this is what is confusing me. I don't need to have a 2-speed timer as the high speed would be simply for cleaning and I can operate that manually.

Also, the Aquatrol I was looking at via Pool Supplies Canada does not have a timer, this is why I was wondering.

Thanks

I would suggest a regular timer with the pump and aquarite powered on and off by the timer.

Aquatrol is 120 volts only. The pump would need to be 120 volts as well.

I would suggest a 240 service to a timer and then to a 240 volt pump and a regular aquarite with a T-9 or T-15 cell.

I would do flexible liquidtight conduit from the timer to the pump and aquarite.

Make sure that the electrical service is all up to code.

I would suggest a 240 service to a timer and then to a 240 volt pump and a regular aquarite with a T-9 or T-15 cell.

I would do flexible liquidtight conduit from the timer to the pump and aquarite.

Make sure that the electrical service is all up to code.

I have VS pump with a built in electronic timer, and an Aquarite. Is it ok to leave the Aquarite on all the time, as it will only be making chlorine when the pump runs?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.