Configuring Heat Pump/Chiller with Gas Heater

PascagoulaPool

Bronze Supporter
Nov 6, 2019
Pascagoula, MS
I have a Jandy AquaLink RS system and last night we were swimming. I activated the spa and got in after it had a chance to heat up. After we were done I turned the spa off and I heard the Jandy gas heater turn off. I noticed that the Rheem was on. I remembered that I had it set to chill mode so I figured that it was trying to chill the water that the gas heater was heating. The Rheem is hooked up to the AquaLink but as far as I can tell I can't control any of the functions with the AquaLink. I have been setting the temp and heat chill mode using the panel on the Rheem. I can control the Jandy gas heater with the AquaLink just fine. Is there a way to control the Rheem with the AquaLink so that I can set the chill temp and keep it from coming on when I heat the spa?

Is there a way to control the Rheem with the AquaLink so that I can set the chill temp and keep it from coming on when I heat the spa?

No. The Aqualink does not communicate digitally with the Rheem HP Chiller. And since Jandy does not sell a HP with a chiller Aqualink does not have that functionality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.