Concrete under Diving board

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
I'm having my pool renovated and the contractor poured concrete to a depth of two feet to hold the diving board jig. I have a pool light and I'm concerned that the weight of the concrete will somehow damage the piping to the pool light. Should I be concerned?

I'm having my pool renovated and the contractor poured concrete to a depth of two feet to hold the diving board jig. I have a pool light and I'm concerned that the weight of the concrete will somehow damage the piping to the pool light. Should I be concerned?
Back in the early 90's I had a pool with a diving board above the light with similar set up. I lived there for 7 years and there was no issue with the light. That is my only knowledge.

It's certainly possible that it could cause damage. What kind of conduit is there for the light? 2' of concrete depth is overkill for a diving board. I think they normally use a 9" to 12" rebar reinforced slab that spreads out from the diving board to equalize weight/pressure. Do you know the dimensions and whether he used rebar? Do you know what he did as far as compaction and underlayment before he poured the concrete?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.