Concrete pool up north

Henry,

I am in the process of reading this Thread and so far its amazing! It also makes me a little homesick.....i was born in the Netherlands and some of the scenery looks like Holland........ lots of rain and beautiful houses. I will let you know when i am finished reading but thank you for sharing your build and everything else. You are one of a kind :party:

Just saw this thread and figured I'd read a page or two and move on. Now, 1.5 hours later, I have read it through and have two thoughts:

1. This is an amazing community filled with wonderful people. I'm so glad to be a new member of it!

2. I have never seen such meticulous and amazing craftsmanship as in this build. Mats, you are an inspiration!

Mats, i have completed reading your thread and i just want to let you know that even though we are all many miles apart, you are someone special. I think you have the best pool i have ever seen in my life, its just so well built and perfectly designed. I wish i could have been on TFP when you started so i could have enjoyed the journey while you were building. I LOVE the black and white colour combination and when i tile the waterline of my pool i will borrow from yours and use black. The machine room is just pure genius......perfect access to all the plumbing and skimmers. I could go on and on but i know you are busy so just let me say thank you for sharing. If you are ever in Florida drop me a PM and we will have a beer :cheers: Peace and love to you and your wonderfull family. Anton

My vocabulary isn't big enough to put words on my feelings when I shall try to respond to such kindness that you all show me in this thread. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: That's the reason that I don't respond so often. I have trouble to adjust :)

Anton! Thank you very much for the invitation, that woud be great pleasure!! I can definately see myself hanging out with you at your backyard. I really longing to come to America again, I've only been there once but it is country that entice me alot. So don't be to sure that I'm not there knocking at your door on a sunny day :-D

To all the others: More great stuff coming soon :cheers: hahahaha it's about time, there hasen't been very much great stuff from my side in this thread lately, I'm aware of that! But I have now atleast started to do some stuff out there at the pool by prepearing for the decking. See if I can finish most of that work this weekend, if so a few pics is on it's way :goodjob:

I must admitt that I have lost some of my dedication to DIY-work on every free time that I've got. So things goes even slower now!!!!! I have found other things just as inspirational nowadays like training, resting :shock: and take care of myself and my loved ones. But I know from experience that once the work is in front of me, will I throw myself over it like never before, or that's what I hope for will happend. Of course will I finish every task that's left on the pool project but then will I take a few summers off home working and I think I'm worth it :goodjob:

I feel so good right now that I have to say it out loud and where can be a better place to do it than among all my friends here at tfp :)
Spring is grabbing hold of the part of sweden in wich I live in, and I'm stoked.... It's so refreshing and inspirational after this long lasting winter that I can't describe it in words. That together with a lots of love and passion for my new diet and I'm over the roof top lol.....

The sturdy sheet metal plates that have worked as a winter cover for the pool is still on and will be so for a few days more. I plan to take them off this weekend so I can take the advantage of the sun to heat the water before I will start the heat pump on the first of May, that I have promised my kids! Just keep our fingers crossed that's everyting is alright when I lift them off :roll:
I work on the decking little every night to wich I have poured(in concrete) most of the beams that will hold the wood deck that will surround the pool. I'm not as hard working as I once was but I'm getting there little by little. But I feel good though!!!! Something I hope I share with the whole TFP community aswell.

Happy easter everyone!!!

Thanks Ann!
What is it with you and your avatars.... you look more beautiful for every new one you upload :cool: That is not fair(we all know that, right...). You should get older just like everybody else does :-D
Just had to type that beacuse I don't reduce myself not to speak my mind.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Lershac!
I will take off the wintercover tomorrow! A problem I have is to find someone that can stucco the walls for me but I've got some good news today, I might found someone who can undertake the job for us at the end of this month. He said he will take the job but I won't belive it until I see it happen. Stucco on the walls are a big step towards a finished product since I can't go on with the wood deck on the inside until it's done and I can't go on with the lawn on the outside for the same reason. I have prepared as much as I can for the wood deck so the next step for me now when the winter cover is off is to tile the area around the pool. Hopefully with start next weekend. This weekend is earmarked to get the pool up and running.
For my excuse of not having achived more progress is that I have been away working for more than one month strait plus the winter has been really harsh this season and held us in it's grip into April.

Here is one pic of all the "bars" that I have molded around the pool for the beams to lay upon. I have been as accurate as I could when i made the forms for them in order to get all at the same level but I don't think it's good enough. After all is a unorthodox way to build a wood deck. I have to wait and see, everything can be arranged afterwards so it doesen't worries me at the moment. The main reason why I poured the bars is to get the deck a stable as possible and that is achived with this method for sure :cool:
[attachment=0:11gk2ucp]bärlinorIMG_0871.gif[/attachment:11gk2ucp]

Attachments

• bärlinorIMG_0871.gif
    bärlinorIMG_0871.gif
    291.6 KB · Views: 353
It is so good to see you out and about with your pool project!

Today I had actually wondered what you were doing and thought about posting a shout out to you and here you are :-D :wave:

I am sure many menbers are on pins and needles waiting for your next.........step lol :lol: :lol:

haha Butterfly!
It's sunday morning and I had a great breakfast and according to the forecast lovely weather should strikes us, when I look outside the sun is already showing so I guess their right :goodjob:
I'm so curious what the pool and the tiles will look like after this low temerature winter we had. I'm pretty confident that it should look alright but you never know so I keep my fingers crossed and the camera ready lol.....

Great to hear from you Butterfly btw :bowdown:

I'm really looking forward to a photo or [s:25i5tr7z]two[/s:25i5tr7z] twelve of the opening of your pool, Mats.
You may have some cleanup to do from the winter, but we'll be here on the sidelines cheering you on. :whoot: :cheers:

O.K. I'm patiently waiting for the pics :wave: I'm surprised you're having to hire someone to do the stucco :? Great to see you posting again Mats :-D

:-D
Third time I try to post this reply. I have problems with my router tonight :(

The pool was like I left it. So all I had to do was to fill up the water that I drained and add one bag of salt(50 pounds).
Beacuse of the temp of the water I have not bothered to test the water yet, so I tossed in some granulated chlorine just to be sure nothing will happen.
I have proven to myself that it's alright to have a glass and tiles in a pool in our climate. The key is to prevent it to freeze and that was easily done with cellular plastic which I will reuse year after year.
I was so glad to see the pool again and that everything had survived the very cold winter that I took off my clothes and took a very, very quick bath!!
44F(8C) in the water is cooooooold

Lynn my friend. The reason to out hire the stucco is that I'm so tired of everything associated with cement that is up to my throat. I have poured concrete and done various masonry work for two years straight now. I will concentrate on other task's like the wood deck and the tile around the pool :) Sometimes it feels like I never will be done with this project :wink: As you can see I have put on stucco around the pool myself but now is it enough....

Here is three pics of me... :wink: and the pool... lol[attachment=2:16mic0vp]Premier bathIMG_0926.gif[/attachment:16mic0vp][attachment=1:16mic0vp]Premier bathIMG_0924.gif[/attachment:16mic0vp][attachment=0:16mic0vp]Premier bathIMG_0936.gif[/attachment:16mic0vp]

Attachments

• Premier bathIMG_0926.gif
    Premier bathIMG_0926.gif
    169.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Premier bathIMG_0924.gif
    Premier bathIMG_0924.gif
    92.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Premier bathIMG_0936.gif
    Premier bathIMG_0936.gif
    163.1 KB · Views: 265
Looking fabulous :party: And that includes the pool too :lol: :lol: I can't believe you got in that cold water :!:
Looking forward to more pics of your ongoing project Mats.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.