Concrete Pool Installer in Central PA

I am originally from Lancaster area and there are a couple concrete installers that friends have used. Might be a little out of their area but could be worth reaching out if you are still looking
I did reach out to Integrity Pools. I contacted 8 concrete installers in the Harrisburg area, they were the only one that responded to my email about their service area. Unfortunately, it is too far (~2 1/4 hours).

I also do not recommend a concrete pool in our region. I'm in eastern PA and went through the same process you did, I also spoke to upwards of 10 current owners of concrete pools and every one of them echoed the same sentiment - don't do it. Pretty much all of them inherited their concrete pools and all said that they'd NEVER buy a concrete pool by choice. You're starting at $50-60g's to build a fairly standard pool, and then 10 years later when it needs serious structural repair, you're looking at another $20g's. With vinyl you can build the same thing for $35g's and then only $3g's in 10-15 years when it needs a new liner. Fiberglass could end up being even cheaper over that 10-15 year span.

Oh and just getting ahold of a decent builder up here is a chore. Took me two years and probably upwards of 20 consults to find a reputable builder willing to tackle our renovation. Clearly pool building is not a lucrative business here.

I also do not recommend a concrete pool in our region. I'm in eastern PA and went through the same process you did, I also spoke to upwards of 10 current owners of concrete pools and every one of them echoed the same sentiment - don't do it. Pretty much all of them inherited their concrete pools and all said that they'd NEVER buy a concrete pool by choice. You're starting at $50-60g's to build a fairly standard pool, and then 10 years later when it needs serious structural repair, you're looking at another $20g's. With vinyl you can build the same thing for $35g's and then only $3g's in 10-15 years when it needs a new liner. Fiberglass could end up being even cheaper over that 10-15 year span.

Oh and just getting ahold of a decent builder up here is a chore. Took me two years and probably upwards of 20 consults to find a reputable builder willing to tackle our renovation. Clearly pool building is not a lucrative business here.
Thank you for the insight. I only know of one concrete pool in our area. It is ~ 40 years old and in decent shape.
We like the design flexibility and size of vinyl, but we are concerned about tears and punctures due to animals. We want a splash pool/tanning ledge, which eliminates vinyl as a choice.
We are going with the largest fiberglass pool we can find 16 x 40 and a tanning ledge. Many of the installers around here "push" fiberglass for ease of care and installation simplicity.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
You can have a splash pool orntamming ledge with vinyl. They actually make add on splash pads that are fiberglass and are piped into pool that are perfect for little ones and pets. You can do almost anything with vinyl nowadays

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.