Concrete or granite for kitchen

Amazed

Bronze Supporter
Dec 21, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Hi all,

I need to make a decision on granite or concrete for my outdoor kitchen. The kitchen will be covered if that makes a difference. My builder has 4 colors that he can guarantee for concrete color. He says he can also do custom but he can’t guarantee the color it might end up being.

Concrete looks very cool and fits in well outside. Your best bet is to look at slabs of granite to see if there’s one that you really love. You’re limited to four colors on the concrete, unless you’d like to risk the color. You are almost limitless with the granite. It also depends on the look you’re going after, luxury or mountain lodge? Granite looks more luxurious while concrete looks very rustic.

Hi all,

I need to make a decision on granite or concrete for my outdoor kitchen. The kitchen will be covered if that makes a difference. My builder has 4 colors that he can guarantee for concrete color. He says he can also do custom but he can’t guarantee the color it might end up being.

Both are great choices, comes down to personal preference. Have you looked into quartz?

I vote for concrete... Very "in" at the moment and pretty much indestructible as a countertop. If you damage it, you can just grind it down and bring it back to life. You can also stain it many different colors that can't be added to the mix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All about budget too. you can have just about any color concrete top with epoxie finishes they can do now . i have them for my vanity tops my wife loves them. I went with copper for my outdoor grill area :cool: a look at copper my surprise you

Concrete. Personally, I'm not trying to re-create my indoor kitchen outside. I want a completely different look and feel for that area. What they're doing with concrete counter surfaces and colors today is amazing. For me, its polished stone inside.... polished concrete outside.

I have a granite counter top for our outdoor kitchen and it stains with the grease. I would suggest quartz. We have that in our regular kitchen and is indestructible!

Take care.

I have an aversion to reflective busy countertops. I wanted soapstone in my kitchen, but because of maintenance I went with honed granite for that organic rustic charm - I love the finish. I feel concrete is more modern and creates the potential for flexibility in colour and finish. I suspect the builder could make samples using other colours and provided he tracks the composition, the final product could be close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.