Concrete in fiberglass pool

bpf0828

Aug 20, 2021
Raleigh, NC
We just had concrete poured around our new fiberglass in-ground pool and of course we knew some would get in our pool. What is the best way to go about cleaning it as it looks like a swamp right now. We haven't turned on the filter or anything as of yet but have used our robotic vacuum and brushed the bottom. Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You're probably referring to those concrete streaks dripping down right? If so, you can try a Magic Eraser. Always do a small test area first and let it dry to be sure you're happy with the result. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You're probably referring to those concrete streaks dripping down right? If so, you can try a Magic Eraser. Always do a small test area first and let it dry to be sure you're happy with the result. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Not really, I'm saying actual wet concrete got into the pool as they were pouring around the border of the pool and doing the concrete coping. Just have a lot of sediment in the pool and don't know the best way to get rid of it. I'm assuming I shouldn't turn on the pump as of yet?

Wet concrete dropping into the pool should result in the concrete dissolving in the water. At some point you will need to get water moving so that you can test all levels with your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit, balance, and get any particulate matter to the filter. If anything settled to the bottom, you'll simply need to vacuum.

Be sure to update your signature with all of your pool info so we can address more of those questions later. See my sig as an example.

Wet concrete dropping into the pool should result in the concrete dissolving in the water. At some point you will need to get water moving so that you can test all levels with your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit, balance, and get any particulate matter to the filter. If anything settled to the bottom, you'll simply need to vacuum.

Be sure to update your signature with all of your pool info so we can address more of those questions later. See my sig as an example.
Do you think it's ok to start the pump and filter back up? I was only concerned that it might solidify.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.