Concrete delivery access problem

oh-DIY-io

Jun 12, 2019
Ohio
Morning all!

I'm going a DIY build and I'll need to schedule my collar later today or Monday.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the concrete to the pool..

My driveway is concrete and is about 100' long.

Should I let the truck drive on it? (They said I can request 2 half loads instead of 1 big one.)

The only path that's not on the driveway would crush some old field tile and require that I temporarily fill a drainage ditch.

Pump lines get expensive.

Buggies cost money and take a million trips.

Any advice?

My driveway is cracked to heck from dump trucks during my pool build years ago, I was told of the risks.

I'd suggest keeping all heavy trucks off the drive.

Pay for the pump now or pay to replace the driveway later.

Call around to find a smaller line pump and be flexible with an afternoon time that let's him do a morning pump for a contractor and then make extra money for you. They are smaller trailer mounted pumps you dont need a huge overhead commercial pump rig. You will trash the driveway guaranteed otherwise. I'm in NJ super expensive and my guy is 600 cash for a collar pump. I bet it's less by you. You also need a pump mix not regular concrete it wont flow

We did mine with wheelbarrow. It's was a lot of work for a short Time and you need some good reliable friends but it saved a ton. We did the same for the deck. The guybi hired to finish it wanted $1000 (Canadian.. ) to get a pump but we did it 3 or 4 guys. If you don't have enough good strong friends with wheelbarrow then Jimmy is right on the money. Get a small Tow behind pump. Good luck and takes lots of photos. This is one of my favorites my son waiting in line with his wheelbarrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.JPG
    IMG_4415.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 24

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.