Concrete decking question

KerrynT

Jul 29, 2020
Falmouth, Ma
We just finished installing our pool. We live in Massachusetts. How long should we wait to do the concrete decking? Have been told we can do it in 3 to 4 weeks. But lots of people say wait till spring🤷🏼‍♀️Northeast peeps?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 44
Thank you for Answering. They backfilled pretty well our soil is mostly Clay
They basically told us that if we watered it with the sprinkler for the next three weeks we should be good. But when I read all these things about waiting till spring in the Northeast I got a little nervous about pouring it this year. However it is such a mess and I can’t wait to have concrete but want to do the right thing

We have tons of clay as well! I would say they have spent the most time grading filling with dirt rock etc to get ready for concrete. Our pool as been in for a month now but they are finally almost done prepping for concrete. They pour Thursday! They just did the coping yesterday.

If they tell you to water it they didn't do it right. The overdig should be all stone and where the sand is now should be all stone as well. What are you using for coping
Omg not sure what coping is😬🤦🏼‍♀️ OK sorry such a rookie they should be putting stone over the dirt around the pool is that what you’re saying? I really do appreciate the help I’m just really really clueless🤣

We have tons of clay as well! I would say they have spent the most time grading filling with dirt rock etc to get ready for concrete. Our pool as been in for a month now but they are finally almost done prepping for concrete. They pour Thursday! They just did the coping yesterday.
Thank you! I don’t think there’s any like stone in our backfill it’s just what they dug up which is very clay like soil and also has lots of rocks and I’m not sure what coping is

Live in CT, got our pool just a few years ago, they finished the pool in mid September and I think they said they had to wait 10 days. Anyway, couple weeks later they poured the concrete and all was fine.

Reactions: KerrynT
Thank you! I don’t think there’s any like stone in our backfill it’s just what they dug up which is very clay like soil and also has lots of rocks and I’m not sure what coping is
Coping is the concrete edge around the pool, closest to the pool.
They just brought another dump truck of rock to get ready for the pour tomorrow. Yes no rock in my clay dirt but they had to fill and grade with tons of white rock to get it all leveled. Good luck!!

Reactions: KerrynT

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.