Concerned after rain

At least twice a day for 10 to 14 days is typical you can walk on it after 48 hours. If they are not plastering for a few weeks you can stop after 10 to 14 days but it would be a good idea to water lightly a couple times the day before plaster. that will help the new plaster by hydrating the gunite and keep it from sucking the water out of the fresh plaster too too fast.

Very rough is normal they will scrape it down and a certain amount of texture is good for the plaster to bond to. As long as there were not any voids behind the rebar and minimum thickness was maintained you should be fine. I watched like a hawk when they shot ours, we did not have any problems so not sure what else to look for. I am sure other will chime in. Keep in mind gunite is structural it is not what holds the water in or gives the pool its looks. Think of it as the framing of a house, does not have to look good to do its job just has to be strong and have the general shape of the finished product.

Very rough is normal they will scrape it down and a certain amount of texture is good for the plaster to bond to. As long as there were not any voids behind the rebar and minimum thickness was maintained you should be fine. I watched like a hawk when they shot ours, we did not have any problems so not sure what else to look for. I am sure other will chime in. Keep in mind gunite is structural it is not what holds the water in or gives the pool its looks. Think of it as the framing of a house, does not have to look good to do its job just has to be strong and have the general shape of the finished product.
Tile installed last week and plumbing yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I could not remember the tile color we ended up with. I thought I had taken a picture when we chose it, but could not find it. Was relieved I liked it. We are pretty traditional people on most things. The plaster color on the contract is Blue Ice. Hope we like it. Saw pictures of it the builder took in other pools. I have a picture of the sample with the first tile we chose some where, but not on my phone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They still need to finish drainage and electrical hookups. Getting more rain right now and wish the deck drains were done already. We've also been hit with hail this spring and need a new roof. So roof will come before plaster. Not much longer...a couple of weeks before water maybe?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.