Compool LX 3600 red light on control panel

Jul 14, 2008
The other day when I was looking at my control panel by the equipment, I noticed a solid red light on the Spa switch while in the Auto mode (attached picture below). When I put it in Service mode the red light goes away but if I push the Spa button absolutely nothing happens, including the actuators on the diverter valves. When I tried the remote control in the spa it started coming out of the valves in the spa for a second or two and then stopped. I'm guessing from what I have read here that maybe that switch on my control panel has gone bad? Everything else seems to be working ok.

-- GlenLXz 3600 Panel Red Light.jpg

Do you have a multimeter?

Do you know how to use the mutimeter and do voltage and continuity checks?

Are you comfortable working around love electrical wires?

The Spa light at the Aux 5 button should have nothing to do with switching between the Pool mode and Spa mode which should be controlled by the top two buttons "S" and "P"..

It seems to me that your Aux five relay is stuck on.. Tell us what your Aux 5 buttons does?? Does it turn on a jet pump, or change a speed, or ??? What does it do when working correctly?

If you have a wired pool side remote, that would be my first suspect. Unplug it and see if the Aux 5 button light turns off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you have a multimeter?

Do you know how to use the mutimeter and do voltage and continuity checks?

Are you comfortable working around love electrical wires?
I had one but one of the probes came off. I don't really know how to use one that well. But, my brother-in-law will be in town this Friday and he might be able to do it.

The Spa light at the Aux 5 button should have nothing to do with switching between the Pool mode and Spa mode which should be controlled by the top two buttons "S" and "P"..

It seems to me that your Aux five relay is stuck on.. Tell us what your Aux 5 buttons does?? Does it turn on a jet pump, or change a speed, or ??? What does it do when working correctly?

If you have a wired pool side remote, that would be my first suspect. Unplug it and see if the Aux 5 button light turns off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hmm, I have never turned the spa on using the S button at the top. I have only used it to drain and fill the Spa, like when cleaning out leaves.

I don't often turn on things in Service mode, i.e., if I were to turn on the Spa it is always either with the remote or the inside panel. My best recollection is that when I pushed the button the water diverted to just the spa and the jets came on. I don't know if it turned on the heater or not because I never ran it for any long periods from this panel. Also, I put on the white labels several (5+) years ago based on what I observed when I pushed each of the buttons.

I do have a wired pool side remote which I have used but have no idea on hot it is hooked up. That sounds like a great thing to check. I mean it is also about 20 years old and gets a lot of sun exposure. But when you say unplug it, how would I do that? Sorry for being completely clueless on how the remote is set up. I should add that I did try to turn on the spa from the remote in the spa before I submitted this question. It seemed like the jets would start up for a second or two and then stop. So maybe that is further evidence that it's the remote?

Thanks!

-- Glen

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the manual I was able to find the remote connection based on page 12. Having said that, another dumb question. Does the whole thing unplug from the circuit board? It seemed to be pretty firmly connected to it and I didn' see an obvious separation. I don't want to pull too hard and break anything. Or do you mean I should unscrew and remove the wires?

Thanks!

-- Glen

Attachments

• Spa Remote connection to Power Panel 1.jpg
    Spa Remote connection to Power Panel 1.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 1
  • Spa Remote connection to Power Panel 2.jpg
    Spa Remote connection to Power Panel 2.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 1
Glen,

It should just unplug..

You could also just remove the two left wires (Ground and DC Voltage).

Whatever works best for you.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,

Ok, I gave it a shot tonight. I disconnected the two left wires per photo below. Unfortunately nothing changed - the Aux 5 light was still on. Sigh, I was hoping it would be simple and this would be the problem. Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks!

-- Glen

Attachments

• Spa Remote Disconnected.jpg
    Spa Remote Disconnected.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.