Compool 3400 to EasyTouch upgrade questions.

jmsilhy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 3, 2019
McKinney, Texas
Hi everyone, my CP3400 inside controller died and automation is running automatically (set up by previous owners), but without the ability to adjust anything, except going into service mode and turning on manually the spa bubbler, lights and booster pump.

I'm about to do the upgrade to EasyTouch after reading many posts here. I know many people in the forums have done this upgrade so I need to ask a couple of questions:

1. Do I need to purchase any connectors? A few reviews on the online stores that sell the EasyTouch state that they had to go from wires in the Compool, to connectors in the Easytouch but couldn't find a standard size, so I'm wondering if this is really the case and your experiences.

2. How likely is it that a pump, lights or bubbler will stop working after the upgrade? Since I'm kind of new to this I would like to be in the safe side as much as possible, but I can't find someone in the DFW area that wants to do the upgrade and I think I'm tech savvy enough to do it myself with your help. All those are working fine right now. I also have a broken heater and a couple of Jandy valves with wires cut that I asked about in another post, but I'll try to fix those later after getting the hang of the system.

Thanks!

I have not done this upgrade, as I started with the EasyTouch, but I just don't believe that you will have any major issues.. If things work now, they should work after the upgrade.

I am assuming that you plan to get the CP3400 to EasyTouch upgrade kit and not try to move everything over to an actual EasyTouch chassis..

Something like this... https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...hUKEwjN3vKc_vPjAhUCMqwKHcZ9CPoQ9aACCDY&adurl=

What kind of pump do you have???

Thanks,

Jim R.

J,

What you have is a single speed 2 HP pump, that can run off of 220 or 120 volts.. Changing the run voltage will not change the speed. It will always run at 3450 RPM.

Good luck with your project..

Jim R.

And is this ok to be running from around 8 am to 7 pm? I know the chems are fine for now (pool company taking care of it), but when I change the controller and I am able to modify schedules, I'm thinking this might be overkill if all other things are good, correct?

J,

Pump run time depends on the pool and your requirements..

We have many people that only run for 4 hours a day and some even less...

You will just have to experiment with your pool and see what works best for you..

In my case, I have to run a long time because I have a SWCG... If you have SWCG, or use a tab dispenser, you will have to run long enough to generate the chlorine you need.

If you get a bunch a leaves or other stuff falling into your pool you will need to run long enough to keep the skimmers working..

From just a chemical point of view, an hour or two is plenty.

Pump run time is a personal kind of thing...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.