Completed New Pool build. Have a question on Water runoff from decking and drainage

jsradcliffe

Apr 3, 2019
Charleston
The new pool is completed. We are happy with the pool after some retaining wall issues and drainage. The travertine grade for water runoff looks like it is too slanted downward for water runoff. Thoughts on this? Also, The PB corrected wall and placed gravel and drainage behind the wall. However, I was curious about drainage from water runoff from the pool. The PB said he put a corrugated pipe under the wall for water drainage, but it doesn't drain under the all, it sits there or drains toward the landscaping. When the PB designs the pool shouldn't they take into account where the water from splashing runs off too? We have an issue where the water that is splashed out runs toward a retaining wall and then flows down to the side of the pool and sits there. The ground is a little higher, but I was under the impression the PB would account for water runoff and drainage and built that into the price of pool install. I didn't want to deal with this after the pool was completed. All help and thoughts would be very much appreciated. PICS ATTACHED. Pool decking slope and water runoff towards landscapingThank you,

Site grading, decking, and retaining walls are not standard parts of pool building contracts. Some builders will do them as custom extras. Sometimes landscapers are better at that work then pool builders.

You may need some drains to capture the splash out and redirect it.

Reactions: jsradcliffe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.