Comparing Pureline vs Circupool SWGs

Jul 9, 2018
Davenport, FL
Hi all, I am torn between two SWGs and hoping to get some input.

I am between the Pureline 60,000 LT PL7714 (Found on Inyo Pools)
And Circupool Sj-40

I have a 13,000 gal pool in Central Florida, Chlorine demand is high in the Summer, and drops to next to nothing this time a year. Pool timer is set to 8hrs daily, year round. I probably will drop to 4hrs come January for a bit.

Both cells seem to have self cleaning modes. The Circupool has a better warranty, but the Pureline has finer output selection. The Circupool is only in steps of 25%, which since it is over sized for my pool size I'm afraid I will have a need to turn it down further in the winter. The Pureline seems to have more granular control...and is rated to a higher size pool so in theory I get more life out of it by running it lower longer? I am leaning towards the Pureline unit just because of the features to cost, but I can't really find lots of reviews online for it.

Thanks for any guidance or insight!

If it were me, I would get the Pureline. In addition to the reasons you mention, the Pureline is manufactured by Hayward and have a longstanding history for being a reliable SWG system. And many of the issues that may arise are easy and sometimes cheap DIY fixes.

And yes. The larger the capacity means the less time you have to run it to make x ampunt of chlorine which means a longer life span.

That's just my .02

EDIT to confirm what JamesW posted below. Sorry for the error.

M,

You said.. "The Circupool is only in steps of 25%, "...

Are you sure? To be honest I could not find this info on the CircuPool site, but then I did not go crazy trying... :p

I'm just guessing, but I suspect the SJ may only have 25% increments, but they say the RJ has finer increments.. They never did say want that meant, but it would be nice to know what the increments are for the RJ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

You said.. "The Circupool is only in steps of 25%, "...

Are you sure? To be honest I could not find this info on the CircuPool site, but then I did not go crazy trying... :p

I'm just guessing, but I suspect the SJ may only have 25% increments, but they say the RJ has finer increments.. They never did say want that meant, but it would be nice to know what the increments are for the RJ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Before I made the post, I did call CircuPool for some information because there wasn’t enough info on the website like you say. He was pretty clear the SJ is a basic model with only 25% increments with the RJs getting more precise control.

- - - Updated - - -

The PureLine is similar to the Hayward but it's not made by Hayward.

The manufacturer is CF Electronics - Tech Life.

Do you think CF Electronics is a good manufacture?

The manual for the SJ shows 25% increments.

I don't know about CF Electronics.

They manufacture the unit for Inyo.

Inyo is a pretty good company and should take care of any problems.

Thanks to erveryones input! I just purchased a combo of both options, the CircuPool Universal at...

CircuPool Universal40 Saltwater Chlorinator for any salt water pool with Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite, Swimpure Plus, Blue Essence, and more

I do like the features of the Pureline and the brand/Warranty options of a brand name like CircuPool. The system I got has the same hour runtime/life as the HD versions of the Pureline, so the number of gallons is less but the lifespan is greater. With my small-ish 13k pool that shouldn't be a big deal. Also I did a little research and apparently the same company from China makes these things (As James pointed out, CF Electronics - Tech Life.) (The ones that all have the same control box), so I can buy a generic replacement cell on Aliexpress or eBay or whatever and it would work the same as a OEM Pureline or CircuPool whenever the time comes to replace down the road.

Thanks for the input! Looking forward to doing some plumbing work soon! :study:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.