company installed wrong pool light

boston814

Jul 28, 2020
NJ
So I had my pool light replaced at the same time I had my liner replaced. It didn't work so they said call an Electrician. I did and the Electrician confirmed they installed a 120V light and my pool requires a 12V light. My question is, how much trouble is it for the pool company to swap out the light for a 12V one? Will I have to drain the pool?

Welcome to TFP.

We need some details.

What model light was installed?

What model light did you order?

Chances are the light fixture needs to be pulled out and the new wire and fixture installed. If the company installed the light they should be able to replace it with the 12V one.

Do you have a pool 120V to 12V transformer? How did the company not see that the wiring was 12V? Did they not test the light and see it worked?

A Pentair IntelliBrite 120V 55w light was installed. The original pool light that was 35 yrs old (not working) was there, and I told them I wasn't sure of the voltage because the light hasn't worked in 20 years and someone should test it before they install it. Well they said it's probably a 120V and thats what they ordered. When the workmen were here I asked them 3 times to test it first and they put it in and said the light is fine and I just need an electrician. They ran a cord from the transformer under the diving board to the electrical outlet on the deck and it worked, which my electrician informed me shouldve been the indicator right there that it needed to be 12V and they shouldve known that, I'm mean I'm clearly no expert on pools or electric. The Electrician confirmed it should've been a 12V light installed. I waiting for the Pool company to call me back. I'm just wondering how big of a deal it is for them to change it out- is it a giant hassle or just a matter of unscrewing the lid and replacing one thing with another?

They need to do again hat they did before. Pull out the existing light and install the 12V light,

Are you sure your pool light transformer works?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.