Community Pool Experiment - Why no Algae?

Is there no oversight for public pools? It seems as if that pool should have been closed due to be unsafe if for not other reason than a person could not been seen under the water! Scary! Thank goodness they have you!

Kim

These are community pools within a homeowners association. Therefore it is up to the HOA to govern their use. Records should be kept in case a local health dept asks to see pH/FC logs, but closure is entirely governed by the HOA board, or, if applicable, the HOAs management company.

But yes, I agree, that water was naaaaasssty and a serious swim hazard by not being able to see the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Public swimming pools are supposed to be inspected at least twice a year according to the website.
Twice a year the department inspects such public places as:

◦Public swimming pools
Environmental Health | Santa Cruz County, AZ - Official Website

If the pools are supposed to be inspected, then there must be some guidelines as far as codes and standards.

Perhaps the pool is exempt, or possibly it's just been overlooked by a lax inspector.

+ kimkats - I told the HOA authorities about the potential threats but it caused such a stir I backed off. They had the Health Department reports that passed the pool with flying colors as I mentioned in the OP. When the water clarity deteriorated and the pool service company could not bring the pool back to life, it was time for me to take over — I felt kinda like the Lone Ranger.

+ JamesW - When I explained the Arizona state guidelines as far as CYA limits to the Health Department inspector, he just nodded his head, ran his HTH tests for chlorine and pH, looked for rodents in the bathrooms, passed the pool and left. Down here in the Old Southwest it's everyone for himself or herself — I guess that's what makes it attractive to many of us.

+ kimkats - When it's warm enough to go swimming most of our residents head back to their other homes in Minnesota, Colorado, Canada and other points north and east. We few brave souls who weather the summer heat will have the sparkling pool all to ourselves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.