Communication Lost Error to Pentair Intelliflow VSF on ScreenLogic App

c,

95% of the time, when your spa drains back into the pool with the pump off, it is a bad or dirty check valve in the Spa return line,

Show us some pics of your equipment pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

c,

95% of the time, when your spa drains back into the pool with the pump off, it is a bad or dirty check valve in the Spa return line,

Show us some pics of your equipment pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Correction, I see the check valve it just wasn't what I thought it looked like. So maybe I need to replace the flapper some components in the pentair check valve.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    539.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
If you have automation, that is not a big deal. Set the actuators up to completely close the SPA suction and return when in Pool Mode. Then use Spillover to run the spa spillover. Only run it a couple times a day unless you are outside and wish to enjoy it.

Yep, definitely the check valves. Tons of build up and the seals are in bad shape. I think it was backflowing through the in floor system.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 13
Looks like copper. You use copper algaecides? Or have a trichlor chlorinator near a heater?

Yep, definitely the check valves. Tons of build up and the seals are in bad shape. I think it was backflowing through the in floor system.
Replaced my check valves and during that process found out the real culprit for why it always slowly drained my spa into my pool. The builder was overzealous with the pvc glue and a bunch of it was blocking the opening where the flapper needs to seal against. I had to gently chisel the pvc and a bit of sanding to get it smooth enough to allow the check valve to create a seal. Thanks for the tips everyone.

To follow up on the original reason I posted, Pentair tech came out yesterday and updated the software on the pump. I missed him showing up at my house since he didn't text when he would be there, when he arrived, or even after he finished. I had to text him a few times over the last 24 hours asking when he was going to be out only to find out he managed to show up the 20 mins I wasn't home. At any rate, not sure what version of the firmware he put on it since he wouldn't tell me (hasn't responded). When I power things down to do a filter clean out and fiberglass work in the coming weeks I will post the version that was installed. I will also know by then if it worked since it would usually lose comms within a week at the latest.

To follow up on the original reason I posted, Pentair tech came out yesterday and updated the software on the pump. I missed him showing up at my house since he didn't text when he would be there, when he arrived, or even after he finished. I had to text him a few times over the last 24 hours asking when he was going to be out only to find out he managed to show up the 20 mins I wasn't home. At any rate, not sure what version of the firmware he put on it since he wouldn't tell me (hasn't responded). When I power things down to do a filter clean out and fiberglass work in the coming weeks I will post the version that was installed. I will also know by then if it worked since it would usually lose comms within a week at the latest.
3.03 and 3.04 were the problematic ones.
3.05 is likely what they flashed it to.

For anyone else with this issue, check your firmware if you bought your pump in 2022. Settings > Device

Reactions: ShadyPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.