Commin' in hot from Arizona!🔥 🔥🔥

PoolGuyAZ

In The Industry
Jan 2, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
What's going on everyone!?! Just wanted to say hello, I'm Brandon from AZ and I'm a pool professional. I'm not a pool owner but I repair and service pools here in Scottsdale.

What brought me to this page was a post from awhile ago about controlling an aqualink from PC with RS485 adapter.

I was searching for information about a way to possibly bypass Aqualink 2.0 requirements of being on the network to add pool to our system using a computer interface instead of phone.

There was great information in that thread about an RS emulator and python scripts to control system with raspberry pi over the web. That is my curiosity currently! I'm a ham radio operator, computer science geek that works on pools so I've always got my eye on the automation systems and thinking of ways to integrate them into my own rPi projects.

There are a lot of brilliant people in this group and I couldn't pass up on hopefully contributing my experience in the field to this community!!

Welcome to TFP :)

You found a great place and some Awesome people.. Stick around and ask questions and feel free to answer questions when you know them... We do take care of pools a lot different then pool stores :)

Do you repair all pools or just one set like gunite?

Welcome to TFP :)

You found a great place and some Awesome people.. Stick around and ask questions and feel free to answer questions when you know them... We do take care of pools a lot different then pool stores :)

Do you repair all pools or just one set like gunite?
Thanks for the Welcome! I look forward to being a part of this community. I spent some time working in distribution and know exactly what you are talking about 😂

I repair the equipment mostly, but if it's interiors, leaks, concrete, deck etc, it goes to subcontractors. I would like to learn building pools though but thats a different ballgame here.

My favorite is the automation side. Im a computer and communication nerd at heart.

What's going on everyone!?! Just wanted to say hello, I'm Brandon from AZ and I'm a pool professional. I'm not a pool owner but I repair and service pools here in Scottsdale.

What brought me to this page was a post from awhile ago about controlling an aqualink from PC with RS485 adapter.

I was searching for information about a way to possibly bypass Aqualink 2.0 requirements of being on the network to add pool to our system using a computer interface instead of phone.

There was great information in that thread about an RS emulator and python scripts to control system with raspberry pi over the web. That is my curiosity currently! I'm a ham radio operator, computer science geek that works on pools so I've always got my eye on the automation systems and thinking of ways to integrate them into my own rPi projects.

There are a lot of brilliant people in this group and I couldn't pass up on hopefully contributing my experience in the field to this community!!
@PoolGuyAZ
Welcome..
Always nice to see a new pool automation geeky type coming on board.
With regards to using a Raspberry Pi along with Python, nodejs, Node-RED etc., for pool automation and control. Here are just but a few links to projects that you might enjoy learning more about.
r.

Reactions: Mdragger88