Edmond OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
After 6 or 7 years with various Intex pools, we close on a house with this next month. I don't know a lot about the particulars yet, but it looks like a mix of Hayward and Jandy equipment. Cartridge filters, SWG, automation and a heater. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

I know the current owner (he's my boss), and I know the history of the pool. He kind of understands the CYA/chlorine relationship, but still uses test strips, although he owns a good test kit. He's managed to get by, but I'm anxious to see how it looks with TFP management.

FB_IMG_1495485596053_zpsfj7k1y5e.jpg

FB_IMG_1495485618289_zpsf11kansf.jpg

FB_IMG_1495485554962_zpsybhk9yo2.jpg

Looks spectacular! Keep an eye on those bushes, needles dropping into a pool can be a complete pain.

Perfect time to purchase and enjoy. You look to be starting at a much better spot compared to most. Most buyers on here have a "help me" thread with a green swamp. Yours looks swimmable today.

Those aren't current pics, I stole them from his FB page. But it's in pretty good shape. Needs vacuuming and I'm dying to test the water. I may sneak over there and grab a bottle full.

Just 2 more days until I close on this. I sneaked over yesterday and tested the FC, 2.0 and CC was 0. I added a gal of bleach which raised it to 3.5 I'm out of reagent, so couldn't test the CYA, but figured a gal couldn't hurt no matter what. There are just a few spots of algae on the steps, and I want it sparkling for a pool party on the Fourth.

360020Derby20Run20Drive2035_zpsfwfxtc5e-1.jpg

The current owner met me there Saturday and I vacuumed it and got all that dirt around the fountain cleaned off. He showed me how everything works and we cleaned the cartridges. Pine needles DO suck!

Last edited:
Skimmer socks should take care of your pine needles so long as your filter isn't ingesting them via a pool vacuum (which I think you said you used). Robotsville might be for you. Do pine needles sink? And make their way to the main drain?

I'm excited for you because I get to see more pics of this beauty! Have a great Independence Day [emoji322]. I would have guessed the northwest from your last pic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They do appear to sink eventually, as I vacuumed some off the bottom, but most of them were in the skimmer basket. I'll have to try the skimmer sock, as the pump pre-filter basket was full of them.

Nope, central OK, just north of OKC. A little bedroom community named Edmond.

Bump...how's the pool looking, jeffchap?
Fantastic! I haven't done more than dangle my feet in yet - still trying to get everything moved into the house. But the boy went swimming last night and he loved it. His sister won't be home from college until tonight, and she's extremely jealous. Mama and I may have to take a dip later tonight too, if we can find our swimsuits (or not ?).

I did play around with all the stuff yesterday and figured out what all the valves do. It's got a lot of water features - a fountain, waterfall, 2 laminar stream fountains, a spa ledge and a booster pump for the cleaner. It's all on a Pentair automation system with a remote. It's a big change from my Intex AGP!

Got to see it for the first time after dark with the light on last night. It has an LED that changes colors, but it takes a long time to do so. It's almost as if there is a color wheel that has to spin around. The seller said it's 2006 technology, so maybe it does. I haven't looked at it up close yet. The light isn't real bright, but it'll do for now.

0be46c4a7c73f35da15ebb84c82288ec.jpg

I do love a TFP pool. I was having trouble maintaining FC, and once I checked the CYA it didn't register any. The previous owner was using guess strips, and when I asked him if he knew what the stabilizer level had been, he answered "pink", LOL!

I added 4 lbs and I'm still measuring less than 20 ppm, so I'm adding another 4 lbs today. I had guesstimated this pool at 20K gallons, but it must be larger than that.

But FC is 6 ppm right now, running the pump 6 hours/day. That's a little high for my current CYA, but I'm being extra cautious until I get a firm handle on this thing.

Looks great!

If you copy the pic link and paste it inside
tags it will show in your post, like this.

DpFHu8W.jpg
I tried uploading here first but the pic was too large. So then I tried Imgur, but it wouldn't display as an inline image. So I converted it to a jpeg and uploaded it here.

I'm unable to see the images you posted. Dang you, photobucket! Are they out of business yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.