Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just came back from the Psych Ward, and its been confirmed, TFP CDO!!!!!!o_O
Now back to the question, has anybody combined filter types? Like Sand and Cartridge, or 2 cartridges with different size screens or Dudadisels filter bags?

The clearer i see my pool the faster i notice the dirt.:oops:

Thanks
Felipe

Why? One good filter is all you need.

What filter do you have now? Your signature says SD 70 filter w/Zeolit. Have you tried running DE in the filter instead and see if you are happier with the filter performance?

I can't remember if zeo is compatible with de. The best way would be have a sand filter with de added, really gets the water clear.

To answer your question two filters in parallel almost halves the pressure drop, two filters in series would double it. You can use one sand then a de in series but nobody has done it because there are better ways of doing it, such as de in sand filter, oversized de filter, oversized cartridge filter.

Zeo is not compatible with DE, thats a fact! Doubling the pressure would increase energy cost, so that would be out of the question. Maybe adding a Cartridge but not oversized since the zeo is doing most of the job. Maybe i can get a used cartridge system to play around with. Darn CDO, now back to my pills!;)IMG_2576.JPG

I wasn't suggesting adding DE to Zeo. I was suggesting changing from Zeo to all DE if Flying is not satisfied with the filtering of his Zeo.

Flying,

I've seen this all the time for industrial applications. Usually the courser filter first then the finer particle systems. Particle size distribution and maintenance costs drive this. But it really doesn't make sense to me for most pools. I guess there could be the odd example that would make sense. So far I'm very happy with my cartridge system and if I had any of the others I think I'd be content with them as well.

What in the psych ward it that is prompting the question? If there are any escapees wandering out there lost in the woods that came up with this question tell them to take the psycho-path to find their way out!

Chris

Reactions: Flying Tivo
It would not double the pressure, you get pressure from the lines, let's just pull a number out "3" and then pressure from the filter, "3". So the end result would be 9 instead of 6 before.

Increased pressure reduces energy cost, check out the charts on your pump.

If I were you I'd dump that zeo, put #20 sand in, and top with de

From your picture you already have two -- the big one by the pump and the one running around in the pool -- the robot!!

Exactly Marty, that is why im asking, still seeing a lot of dirt from the robot filter cleaning that makes me wonder whats going on. I do have a construction site 2 houses down or should i say up the hill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.