combined chlorine test discrepancy with Taylor test kit

BigRobRN

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2015
Greenwell Springs, LA
I'll keep it brief.
When I test my pool water using a 10ml water sample, after my FAS-DPD CL test, I check for CC and I always get a slight pink tinge.
When I use my normal 25ml sample, I never get a pink tinge when testing for CC. Even if I add 10 drops of the CC reagent instead of 5.

Suggestions, conclusions, advice, reasoning?

Is your R-0003 clear or does it have any brown or yellowish tint to it?
It is clear. It is a new bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

If the CC is .5 or less, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm just trying to determine why when I use a 10ml sample that CC's show up. One drop of the R0003 clears it up. But it NEVER shows CC, never changes colors when I use a 25ml sample.

If you test with both the 10 and the 25 do you get the exact same FC? If you get 3.5 FC with the 10 and 3.6 FC with the 25, you have effectively put a tiny bit more solution in the tube, this .1 FC might be enough to see the little pink since anything between .1 and .5 would show with the 10 ml. If it's cleared with 1 drop I wouldn't worry about it like it was said... The test isn't supposed to be 100% accurate just a good ballpark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.