Color Light Issue- HELP!

Apr 21, 2014
United States
I have a problem with one of my Pentair AmerBrite LED color lights that I just can't seem to figure out (there are 4 in the pool- 3 work fine). The light was flickering and finally went out a month ago. Thinking it was a leak, I pulled the light to find it bone dry. Upon cleaning and testing before re-installing I found the light was still not working. I checked the volts at the pool light and it was 118. I brought the LED light (it is 2 parts- the LED light and the 12V transformer that takes the 120V to 12V) inside and hooked it up to a floor lamp- no problem it all worked great. Went back out to the pool fixture, put back in and still no light. I checked the output at the 12V transformer and it is only showing 6V. Took it all back inside, plugged into the floor lamp, checked the 12V transformer and it was reading 12V. Somehow I am losing 6V between my power in at the pool light (which still reads between 115V and 118V) and what is coming out of the transformer which only reads 6V. Any suggestions to track this problem down? All 3 of the other lights are working great (all are the same Ameribrite lamps) and all work off the same switch at the Jandy controller.
Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response. All 4 lights have a transformer that screws into the light fixture and the LED then attaches to the transformer. I don't think it is a transformer issue because the light works inside the house with the transformer/LED attached to a floor lamp. I tested the pool light voltage on the pool deck at the fixture- it was a little low 115-118V but it is also a 75' run from the power supply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.